Guadalcanal as Allies - Running out of planes (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

akulapanam -> Guadalcanal as Allies - Running out of planes (5/10/2016 5:45:40 AM)

I'm currently playing Guadalcanal as the allies and I find myself rapidly running out of aircraft, particularly B-17s and carrier based f4f,tbf, and dauntless. I do seem to be receiving replacements but just not a fast enough rate. Is there anyway to set replacement priority? Should I continue to disband groups to help the remainder replace faster?

JeffroK -> RE: Guadalcanal as Allies - Running out of planes (5/10/2016 7:31:58 AM)

Stop getting shot down!!

obvert -> RE: Guadalcanal as Allies - Running out of planes (5/10/2016 9:17:50 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: akulapanam

I'm currently playing Guadalcanal as the allies and I find myself rapidly running out of aircraft, particularly B-17s and carrier based f4f,tbf, and dauntless. I do seem to be receiving replacements but just not a fast enough rate. Is there anyway to set replacement priority? Should I continue to disband groups to help the remainder replace faster?

This is what they had in theatre at the time. I just played this recently and noticed how low the numbers were too.

You have to think about primary goals and controlling the airspace before sending in the strikes with your limited resources. The goal of he scenario is to take and hold Guadalcanal. If you do that, hold PM and don't lose your entire navy, you're going to win going away. So make sure whatever you do is part of a larger strategic goal.

PaxMondo -> RE: Guadalcanal as Allies - Running out of planes (5/10/2016 12:53:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: obvert

quote:

This is what they had in theatre at the time.

Not only in theatre, but overall. '42 was still very, very lean for the allies. Not enough of anything, especially fighters.

m10bob -> RE: Guadalcanal as Allies - Running out of planes (5/10/2016 5:56:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

quote:

ORIGINAL: obvert

quote:

This is what they had in theatre at the time.

Not only in theatre, but overall. '42 was still very, very lean for the allies. Not enough of anything, especially fighters.

+1

This is historical for "The Cactus Air Force".

With a good opponent, you would be more concerned getting "beans and bullets" to your grunts.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI