Daniele -> War in the West 1.01.20 Patchnotes (4/15/2016 11:58:59 AM)
War in the West has been Updated to version 1.01.20!
You can download the patch from here
Please check out the enire changelog below
New Features and Rule Changes
1. Hooked Show Air Directive Target toggle functionality (and button on top menu) to show NO AD targets/All AD targets/Only active ADs.
2. Added HQ unit dispersion factor, which is reducing amount of squads and attached units can be targeted and HQ's flak fire ability. Dispersion factor depends on the level of HQ and gets doubled up when it is within 5 hexes of an enemy ground unit.
3. Added freight level for national supply source depot type. This is the amount of freight that the national supply depot will begin with at the start of each logistics phase. If left as 0 in the editor, then it will start with 1 million freight each turn. This will appear as Depot Freight Level in the rollover text for the depot hex.
4. Increased air group limit which can be selected for air transport missions. This was preventing some airdrops of very large units when lots of small transport groups were available.
5. Low level air HQs with no air doctrine entry will try to use higher HQ air doctrine.
6. Modified air doctrine structure to use dynamic data.
7. Slightly increased air combat fatigue at night
8. Reduced NF escort efficiency
9. Adjusted night combat intensity
10. Increased the chance that Axis NF will attack escorting Allied NF
11. Adjusted air base repair/expansion code, so it will allow some reduced repairs/expansion, even if there is not 100% of required supplies. Reduced air base expansion rate from size 2 to 3.
12. Adjusted low altitude flight detection (made fall off of detection chance less dramatic below 10k feet).
13. Restricted on map support units so they will not be auto reassigned to a different HQ.
14. Added more verbose error code display when game fails to load a save.
15. Editor - Fixed city CSV export/import
16. Added new data elements to the unit and group CSV import/export
1. Amphibious HQs are not blocking enemy supply lines through their hex and adjacent hexes (for the purposes of isolating enemy units) as they should. Fixed.
2. Italian ADs are not cleared after surrender. Fixed.
3. Fixed interdiction hex selection bug (frontier hexes).
4. Some art files are not loading correctly (missing white pixels). Fixed.
5. Fixed air doctrine init script.
6. AD may not get executed due to the bad air group list. Fixed.
7. Air doctrine weather and intensity values are not copied. Fixed.
8. Fixed potential crash if air hq's air doctrine could not be found. Fixed.
9. AD can switch to interdiction attacks even when valid other type targets exists. Fixed.
10. Allow German-Italian Panzer Army HQ in Africa to have German leaders (Rommel bug).
11. Groups from lower level air HQs reassigned from parent air HQ air directives. Fixed.
12. Fixed supply shipment by truck to cities located off rail, due to which air base repair/expansion can get stuck.
13. Fixed the potential crash due to an illegal access of the battle structure.
14. Fixed bug in the para combat code that could cause strange things to happen to the airbase in the combat hex (and potentially other issues).
15. Fixed bug in Multiplayer when it doesn't translate correctly server string due to the double quotes in the server message.
16. Fixed air doctrine function (possible CTD).
17. Fixed possible corruption when merging ground units.
18. Multiplayer Game. Fixed bug when it doesn't translate correctly server string due to the double quotes in the server message.
19. Air execution detail settings are reset by AI. Fixed.
20. Fixed bug when expanding air hq list in air navigation panel.
21. Fixed scroll bar placement on server game screens.
Data and Scenario Changes
1. Updated Westwall – Made sure Belgian and Dutch Bdes were motorized, and made some changes so German replacement pilots would flow to the fighter arm.
2. Numerous changes to Operation Diadem to the Gothic Line 44 and Breakout and Pursuit.
3. General updates to 1943, 44 (May Start), 44 (D-Day Start) and 45 campaigns as well as Bulge to the Rhine.
4. A few minor leader changes.
5. Changes to ground, device and gtype data as follows (including some new/revised ground element, aircraft and leader photos and symbols):
0024 - HT MG/Mor - renamed HT MG
0036 - MSW tank: changed from Production by None instead of Factories 9 (may not be needed by vanilla game but may be of use in mods)
0037 - Engineer Tank: changed from Production by None instead of Factories 9 (may not be needed by vanilla game but may be of use in mods)
0039 - SP Inf Gun: changed from Production in Factory 8 to Factory 9
0072 - CDL tank: changed from Production by None instead of Factories 9 (may not be needed by vanilla game but may be of use in mods)
0081 - Foreign Assault Gun: adjust combat value to 8 and support need to 10 (to use vanilla assault gun values from #0018)
0085 - HT Mor: split from HT MG/Mor #0024 to separate MG and Mortar carriers
0086 - Super-Heavy Artillery: split from Heavy Art #0032 to separate very heavy guns from other heavies, intended for all railway guns and other 300mm+ guns
cleanup of legacy devices - aircraft engines, parts and assembly
-> deletion of duplicates, grouping them together by type
some minor naming corrections not specifically noted here (double space -> single space, typos, etc.)
0070 - RS-82 rocket: Penetration -2 to 6, Heat penetration halved to 40 (way overpowered)
0074 - RS-132 rocket: penetration -4 to 12, Accuracy -2 to 6, Heat penetration halved to 62 (way overpowered)
0145 - 9mm vz.42 SMG: renamed 9mm ZK383 SMG, rate of fire changed from 30 to 35
0163 - 8mm Schwarzlose HMG: renamed 8mm Schwarzlose 07/12 HMG
0173 - 6.5mm Type 96 LMG: deleted as unused duplicate of #168
0230 - 8mm Breda AAMG: range +500, accuracy +250 (to be in-line with other HMG/AAMG)
0247 - 37mm 61-K AA Gun: RoF -10 to 40
0257 - 8mm Breda BMG: deleted as unused duplicate of #279
0275 - 8mm Danuvia CMG: renamed 8mm Gebauer CMG, rof +15 to 45 (was in 800 rpm range)
0278 - 8mm Danuvia BMG: renamed 8mm Gebauer BMG, rof +15 to 45 (was in 800 rpm range)
0298 - 20mm 36M gun - rof reduced to 20, penetration increased to 38 (Solothurn S18-1000 AT-Rifle, fed by 10-round clips)
0299 - 20mm M35 Gun - remove Anti-Air value
0300 - 20mm KwK38 L/55: renamed KwK30
0303 - 37mm KwK36 L/46.5: L/46.5 -> L/45 (no difference from PaK variant)
0306 - 37mm vz.37 L/40 Gun: L/40 -> L/47.8, data sync with 37mm KwK 38(t) L/47.8 #0316 (minus HVAP)
0309 - 37mm vz.34 L/40 gun: data sync with 37mm KwK 34(t) L/40 #0310
0323 - 47mm M37 L/32 Gun - renamed 47mm Boehler L/32 Gun
0324 - 47mm da 47/40 L/44 Gun - remove wrong L/44 part, the correct L/40 is already part of the Italian name
0337 - 75mm KwK40 L/43 Gun: penetration changed from 125 to 130, hvap changed from 166 to 170
0338 - 75mm StuK40 L/43 Gun: penetration changed from 125 to 130, hvap changed from 166 to 170
0339 - 75mm KwK40 L/48 Gun: hvap changed from 185 to 180
0340 - 75mm StuK40 L/48 Gun: hvap changed from 185 to 180
0341 - 75mm PaK39 L/48 Gun: hvap changed from 185 to 180
0343 - 75mm PaK40 L/46 Gun: penetration changed from 135 to 140, hvap changed from 185 to 190
0344 - 75mm KwK42 L/70 Gun: penetration changed from 172 to 175
0345 - 75mm StuK42 L/70 Gun: penetration changed from 172 to 175
0354 - 75mm 75/34 L/38 Gun: renamed 75mm da 75/34 Gun
0355 - 65mm da 65/14 L/17 Gun: renamed 65mm da 65/17 Gun
0357 - 75mm da 75/17 L/25 Gun: renamed 75mm da 75/18 Gun
0383 - 90mm da 90/53 L/58 AA Gun: renamed 90mm da 90/53 AA Gun
0391 - 105mm da 105/25 L/28 Gun: renamed 105mm da 105/25 Gun
0398 - 105mm StuH42 L/28 Gun: deleted as unused duplicate of #390
0401 - 100mm vz.14/19 Howitzer: range increased to 10900
0402 - 100mm 100/17 Howitzer: range reduced to 9100 (same basic gun as 401 but shorter barrel)
0442 - 300mm M-30 Rocket: Accuracy from 1 to 50
0567 - 105mm 31M Gun: renamed 105mm 31M L/40 Gun
0568 - 240mm K4 Gun: renamed 240mm Naval Gun
0575 - 155mm MLE 1917 Howitzer: renamed 155mm Mle 1917 Howitzer
0610 - 15mm Triple MG151 - penetration +10 to 28
0622 - 210mm M35 Howitzer: renamed 210mm da 210/22 Howitzer
0628 - 75mm 75/18 Howitzer: renamed 75mm da 75/18 Howitzer
0631 - 47mm M35 L/36 Gun: renamed 47mm Boehler L/32 Gun, range to 7650, accuracy to 250, penetration -4 (Boehler as Infantry gun)
0633 - 90mm da 90/53 L/58 Gun: renamed 90mm da 90/53 Gun
0648-0668 - add some missing data, especially ceiling
0668 - 20mm Triple MG 151 AA Gun - type changed to AA Weapon
The following devices have their Effect value reduced from anormal values to 5:
371, 374, 375,
The following devices have their Effect value reduced from anormal values to 6:
372, 373, 577,
0563 - 105mm Mle 1936 Gun: French Schneider Field Gun in Romanian service
0564 - 20mm KwK38 L/55 gun: as #300 but with new name, had actually higher Rof
0565 - .303 Vickers K MMG: for use in British Recce section (SAS, LRDG), higher RoF than water-cooled Vickers
0566 - 75mm Vickers AA Gun: for Romanian use
0567 - 105mm 31M Gun: is in use by HUN ground element 0466 but device was invalid
0004 - Panzer IIL Lynx: main gun changed to 20mm KwK38
0036 - Marder III: Front armor raised to 21 (same chassis as Grille K and Flakpanzer 38 which all have 21)
0039 - Jagdpanzer 38(t) Hetzer: remove "(t)" as that wasn't used anymore in 1944
0040 - Flammpanzer 38(t): remove "(t)" as that wasn't used anymore in 1944
0049 - Flakpanzer 38(t): remove "(t)" as that wasn't used anymore in 1944
0053 - sIG33 Grille: renamed sIG33 Grille K
0054 - SdKfz-221 Armored Car - extend to 12/1941, add build limit/expansion of 1/1, upgrade to SdKfz-223 Armored Car #463
0057 - SdKfz-234/1: main gun changed to 20mm KwK38
0059 - 234/3 armored car - main gun changed to 75mm K51 gun
0060 - SdKfz-234/4 Armored Car - remove self-update upgrade path
0061 - SdKfz-250/7: type changed to HT Mor
0064 - SdKfz-251/2: type changed to HT Mor
0073 - 88mm Flak: Crew/Rifles +1 to 9
0079 - 7.92mm Machine Gun: MG 34 version extended to 8/42
0080 - 7.92mm Machine Gun: MG 42 version delayed to 9/42
0119 - 240mm Howitzer - negative RoF modifier removed, cost +220 to 497, end date extended to 6/42
0120 - 210mm Howitzer - negative RoF modifier removed
0121 - 355mm Howitzer - negative RoF modifier removed, type changed to Super-Heavy Artillery
0122 - 305mm Howitzer - negative RoF modifier removed, type changed to Super-Heavy Artillery
0123 - 170mm Field Gun: remove -2 rof modifier
0126 - SdKfz-251/9 Halftrack - ends 12/43, scraps after 1945, upgrades to new SdKfz-251/9D Halftrack
0130 - Karl 600mm Siege Mortar - negative RoF modifier removed, type changed to Super-Heavy Artillery
0131 - 240mm Siege Gun: remove -4 rof modifier
0144 - 37mm Anti-Tank Gun: ends 6/42 - all received by then, local production of the other 37mm gun (Bofors)
0158 - 75mm Infantry Gun: 75mm ->76mm, gun to soviet M27/39, -1 crew/rifle, data adjust, available 1940 - Finns did not use the German gun, they had lots of soviet-based 76mm guns
0172 - 280/320mm Nebelwerfer - extend to 6/43, upgrade to 300mm Nebelwerfer #173
0176 - BA-10(F): uses own symbol, available far earlier in 12/39 (multiple BA-6/-10 captured in Winter War)
0183 - Semovente L40 da 47 - main gun back to 47/32 gun #323- there was no L/36 version of this gun
0184 - Semovente M40: speed +2 to 22, fuel use + 16 to 38 (most based on M14/41 with more horsepower and similar weight, heavier than M13/40)
0187 - Autoblinda Armored Car: renamed AB41 Armored Car (Autoblinda = wrong form of Autoblindo which translates to Armored car)
0192 - 47mm anti-Tank Gun - main gun back to 47/32 gun #323- there was no L/36 version of this gun
0208 - 210mm Howitzer: extended to 9/45 (production continued under German supervision)
0210 - SdKfz-7/2 SP Flak - ends 2/44, upgrades to updated 7/2 #452, crew reduced to 7, symbol changed to light flak #72
0216 - Panzer 38(t) Aufklarer: renamed Aufklaerungspanzer 38
0217 - Pz 38(t) Aufklarer: main gun changed to 20mm KwK38
0218 - sIG33 (SdKfz-138): renamed sIG33 Grille H
0220 - SdKfz-251/2: type changed to HT Mor
0225 - OA vz.30(R) Armored Car - Fwd 7.92mm vz.26 TMG  changed to 7.92mm vz.26 BMG 
0228 - CKD-R2 - MGs changed to vz.37 (same gun, different name)
0229 - R-35 - MGs changed to vz.37 (same gun, different name)
0226 - CKD-R1 - MGs changed to vz.37 (same gun, different name)
0231 - T-38E(R) - MGs changed to vz.37 (same gun, different name)
0242 - 0244 - Rifles changed to 7.92mm Mannlicher Rifle
0243 - 37mm Anti-Tank Gun: main gun changed from wrong L/47 to correct Bofors L/45 gun - there was no L/47 variant of this gun
0244 - 47mm anti-Tank Gun - main gun back to 47/32 gun #323- there was no L/36 version of this gun, acc reduced to standard value of 100
0245-0246 - Rifles changed to 7.92mm vz.24 Rifle
0247 - 0249 - Rifles changed to 7.92mm Mannlicher Rifle
0250 - 8mm machine gun - renamed 7.92mm machine gun, HMG changed to 7.92mm Schwarzlose, rifles to 7.92mm vz.24, ends 6/41, upgrades to ZB53 MG
0251 - 0252 - Rifles changed to 7.92mm vz.24 Rifle
0252 - 7.92mm Quad AAMG: -Aircraft -> -aircraft
0256 - Assault Squad: symbol changed to #84
0258 - 0259, 0262 - Rifles changed to 7.92mm Mannlicher Rifle
0263 - 100mm Howitzer - main gun changed to 100mm vz.30, Rifles changed to 7.92mm Mannlicher Rifle
0264,265,268,269 - Rifles changed to 7.92mm Mannlicher Rifle
0269 - 149mm Howitzer - main gun changed to 149mm vz.37 gun
0271-0273 - Rifles changed to 7.92mm Mannlicher Rifle
0273 - 75mm Anti-Aircraft Gun (ROM) - main device changed to new Vickers gun
0276 - Rifles changed to 8mm 35M Rifle, ammo use -6 to 900, Crew/Rifles -1 to 4 (as German version #113)
0277 - CV-33 - renamed CV-33(H), twin 8mm Breda replaced by two 8mm Gebauer, uses its own symbol
0278 - Toldi II: RoF from -13 to -10
0281 - T-38E(H) - MGs changed to vz.37 (same gun, different name)
0282 - Panzer IIIh: renamed Panzer IIIm(H), symbol change, data sync'd with German Panzer IIIm #10
0283 - Panzer IVf(H) - build cost reduced to 278, imports reduced to 20
0288 - CSABA Armored Car: RoF from -13 to -10
0290 - 47mm anti-Tank Gun - main gun back to 47/32 gun #323- there was no L/36 version of this gun
0296 - 8mm MG: main gun changed to 8mm Schwarzlose 07/31 HMG
0297 - Rifles changed to 7.92mm 43M Rifle
0298 - main Rifle changed to 7.92mm 43M Rifle, LMG to 7.92mm Solothurn LMG, LMG ammo -200, ammo use -2
0299 - LMG changed to 8mm Solothurn LMG
0300 - SMG changed to Danuvia SMG
0301 - LMG changed to 8mm Solothurn LMG
0304 - 100mm Howitzer: main gun changed to 100mm vz.14/19 Howitzer
0311 - 105mm Howitzer: main gun changed to leFH 18, data adjusted to reflect this
0330 - 88mm Flak: Crew/Rifles +1 to 9
0331 - OA vz.30(SL) Armored Car - Fwd 7.92mm vz.26 TMG changed to 7.92mm vz.26 BMG
0336 - Marder III(S): data sync with Marder III #0036, remove stray build limit
0337 - 7.92mm ZB53 MG - remove ZB53 from name, extend to 9/45, remove upgrade
0338 - 240mm Theodor Gun: remove -4 rof modifier, type changed to Super-Heavy Artillery
0339 - 128mm Twin Flak: Crew/Rifles +11 to 21
0343 - R-35: main gun changed to m.37 version
0340 - 128mm Flak: Crew/Rifles +2 to 12
0347 - Panzer IIIn: use symbol from #11
0348 - Panzer IVg L/48 - use symbol from #221
0349 - SdKfz-250/9: main gun changed to 20mm KwK38
0351 - Stug IIIg: use symbol from #31
0352 - 88mm Flak: Crew/Rifles +1 to 9
0353 - Toldi I: use own symbol, RoF from -13 to -10
0354 - LMG changed to 8mm Solothurn LMG
0360 - Rifles changed to 7.92mm vz.24 Rifle
0370 - 122mm Field gun: change to Heavy Artillery, analog to soviet setup + Germans treated it as heavy too
0371 - 87.6mm Artillery - use Axis Standard symbol
0372 - 25mm AT-Gun - use Axis Standard symbol
0393 - Panzer 35H: main gun changed to m.37 version
0393 - Panzer 35R: main gun changed to m.37 version
0402 - GW 39H(f) - use own symbol
0406 - Stug M42: speed +2 to 22, fuel use + 16 to 38 (most based on M14/41 with more horsepower and similar weight, heavier than M13/40)
0410 - sIG33/2 Hetzer - add missing +50 accuracy modifier
0422 - SdKfz-8 Halftrack - scrapping to 1943+, use AT-Gun symbol
0450-469 - symbol/photo links fixed or photos added, reliability adapted to WitW standard (where required)
0451 - Stug IIIf/8: use symbol from #30
0454 - SdKfz-222B: main gun changed to 20mm KwK38
0455 - SdKfz-232: main gun changed to 20mm KwK38
0457 - T-34B: type change to Foreign Medium Tank
0458 - T-34D: type change to Foreign Medium Tank
0459 - 88mm Flak: Crew/Rifles +1 to 9
0460 - 47mm Infantry Gun: main gun changed to #631, main gun accuracy +50, rifles to 7.92mm Mannlicher
0461 - SdKfz-251/9D Halftrack - build limit reduced to 2 (650 produced in 44)
0465 - 75mm Anti-Tank Gun: Rifles changed to #155
0465 - 105mm Field gun: Rifles changed to #155
0729 - 107mm Mortar: ends 12/41 (production stopped, capacity required to increase production of 45/76m guns), scrapping disabled
0730 - Flamethrower Squad: Type changed to Flamethrower
0731 - SU-76M - main gun changed to 76mm ZIS-3 gun
0738 - T38 M1937 - 7.62mm DT TMG  changed to 7.62mm DT TMG 
0739 - T40 M1941 - 12.7mm DShK TMG  changed to 12.7mm DShK TMG  TMG
0764 - Churchill IV: reclassify as Heavy tank, was issued to heavy tank regiments
0765 - SU-76 - main gun changed to 76mm ZIS-3 gun
0773 - GAZ-AA-37 - add -20 rof modifier to be in-line with similar vehicles, use light flak symbol
0775 - BA64 Armored Car - 7.62mm DT TMG  changed to 7.62mm DT TMG 
0779 - BA20 Armored Car - 7.62mm DT TMG  changed to 7.62mm DT TMG 
0787 - 37mm Anti-Aircraft Gun: -Aircraft -> -aircraft, RoF modifier from -25 to -20 to correspond with RoF reduction in device
0816 - BM-30-4 Rocket Launcher: renamed M-30-4 Rocket Launcher (was not self-propelled, -10 build cost (simple launcher, may justify further reduction by 15 points)
0823 - 280mm Siege Mortar - production disabled (production ended 1940)
0840/841 - reliability adapted to WitW standard
2058 - Humber Armored Car - 15mm Besa TMG device changed to #256 (duplicate device)
2067 - 40mm Anti-aircraft Gun: Medium Flak -> Light Flak
2105 - Bren Mortar Carrier: type changed to HT Mor
2111/2112 - Crusader III AA tank - standard negative RoF modifier added (half of device rof rating)
2119 - SM-facing Vickers HMG changed to new Side-facing Vicker K MMG
2122 - Morris SPAA - add standard -20 rof modifier for main gun, symbol change to light flak
2130 - 47mm anti-Tank Gun - main gun back to 47/32 gun #323- there was no L/36 version of this gun
2508-2511 - M3 Lee and variants - AAMG changed from Turret to SM
2526 - M26 Pershing - CMG from Fwd to Turret
2533 - T30 75mm HMC:use symbol from 2128
2551 - M4 Mortar Carrier: type changed to HT Mor
2552 - M4A1 Mortar Carrier: type changed to HT Mor
2553 - M21 Mortar Carrier: type changed to HT Mor
2560 - 37mm Anti-aircraft Gun: Medium Flak -> Light Flak
2561 - 40mm Anti-aircraft Gun: Medium Flak -> Light Flak
2587 - 155mm Howitzer: symbol changed to standard artillery
2625-2639 - rifle armament changed back to standard 6.5mm Mannlicher Rifle
2627 - 47mm anti-Tank Gun - main gun back to 47/32 gun #323- there was no L/36 version of this gun
2628 - 20mm Anti-aircraft gun - use the same -38 RoF modifier as the Italian counterpart
2633 - 105mm Howitzer: main gun changed from 105/28 Gun to 105/14 Howitzer (wrong main gun in WAI version, sync with ITA #206)
2672 - 155mm Howitzer: symbol changed to standard artillery
3008 - R-35: main gun changed to m.37 version
3010 - H-35: main gun changed to m.37 version
3013 - FCM-36: main gun changed to m.37 version
3524 - 12in naval gun - facing changed from fwd to turret
0448 - 47mm Anti-Tank Gun: as #244 but with French main gun which Romanian received and built in license, in use by independent Bns, cav/arm div and selected inf divs
0449 - 210mm Howitzer: Hungarian license-built version of the Italian gun #208
0470 - 105mm Field Gun: French Schneider Field Gun in Romanian service