Cataphract88 -> RE: Submitted Mods (8/21/2018 4:07:02 PM)
Hi All -
I am new to TOTH, and am curious about installing the mods listed here. I am interested in creating scenarios based on WW2 battles. So, I have a few comments and questions. Thanks for your Patience..
1. (comment) I really like TOTH, and although I have played SL, and ASL as well as other Avalon Hill games (Panzer Blitz, Panzer Leader), I would like to create TOTH Scenarios. Perhaps when I master TOTH, I may try installing the ASL Mod.
2. (question) Can I install any of the mods listed here without installing a third party application? [I have a Windows 10 box]
3. (question) What are the steps to install the mods?
4. (comment/question) I want to create North African, and Pacific Scenarios, and maybe Winter scenarios as well. Can I use the following Mods in this regard?
a. Winter Mod
b. Desert Mod
c. LNL Japan*
d. LNL Winter Mod
e. LNL Desert (N. Africa) Mod
f. LNL Pacific Theater Mod
g. LNL Afrika Korps Mod**
5. Thanks for your time.
*BTW What does LNL stand for?
**Note I'm sure there may be other Mods as well.
I'll answer the ones I can, and maybe others will fill in the gaps! [:)]
3. To install a scenario in Windows 10, the pathway is: This PC/ OS C/ Matrix Games/Tigers on the Hunt/Scenarios. At least it is on my machine.
4. For the type of mods listed I use the Jonesoft Generic Mod Enabler (JSGME), so as not to permanently overwrite any files.
Oh, and 'LNL' stands for Lock N' Load Tactical, a board game from Lock N' Load Publishing.
Hope this helps. [:)]