Aircraft Art Request (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding

jakla1027 -> Aircraft Art Request (2/29/2016 5:29:26 AM)

Hello,

I was wonder if someone could please make the aircraft art for the B-18B Bolo. I would greatly appreciate it![&o] Also would anyone have any suggestions of how to add/implement the Radar & MAD gear to the B-18B in the editor, or does MAD and Radar for ASW even work in game?

By the way anyone looking for aircraft art, please feel free to add your requests to this thread.

jmolyson -> RE: Aircraft Art Request (2/29/2016 9:05:16 PM)

This is possible although B-18B aircraft did not operate in the Pacific Theater, expect perhaps from time-to-time from Panama.

You need to create the following devices:

Create the SCR.517 ASW surface search radar by copying slot 1856 ASB to a nearby empty slot. Change Availability to 4201.
Change range from 45 kyds to 32 kyds against submarines.

Create the Mk.XVII depth bomb device by copying slot 203 500lb GP bomb to an empty slot. Change accuracy to 40, reflecting high-drag design
which enabled more accurate delivery on target.

Create the Mark 24 FIDO acoustic torpedo, copy 095 22in Mk 13 Torpedo to an empty slot. Change Name to Mk.24 FIDO, Upgrade to itself, availability
4303, Accuracy 27 (55 actual hits for 204 shots against subs), Dud rate 5.

(After 1943 FIDO could be carried by any Allied aircraft that could carry other air-launched torpedoes such as the TBF/TBM Avenger. About 4000 highly classified FIDO were produced, protected by the code-name Mark 24 Mine.)

Create the B-18B aircraft by copying slot 282 B-18A to an empty slot, such as slot 280. Rename B-18B. Change Type to Patrol. Change Month to 2, year to 42.

Change Wpn 4 from 500lb GP bomb to your Mk XVII created above, Num 4 , 11-Internal facing, filter 64.

Add Wpn 5 as your Mk 24 FIDO created above, Num 2, 11-Internal facing, filter 64.

Add Wpn 6, SCR.517, Num 01, 00-Front facing, filter 64.

el cid again -> RE: Aircraft Art Request (2/29/2016 9:36:29 PM)

Use this link and then grab the Allied air art panel - from which you can copy the
images. They are part of the common air art project of all major AE mods - I did
not make them. Probably they were enhanced by Mifune, however, and may not be in the
original form. The B-18 is bitmap 283. If you send me your address I can probably
send you separated panels from my extensive library.

jakla1027 -> RE: Aircraft Art Request (2/29/2016 11:31:34 PM)

Um what link? Lol

Anyway thanks for the info guys, good information, that's why I love this forum!

Reg -> RE: Aircraft Art Request (3/12/2016 4:59:30 AM)

Here you go. (See attached file). [:)]

I have made up two sets of images for you, one with MAD boom and one without. (sources vary).

Install by renaming one set of three files to an unused graphic number. If you are following AYAAD's instructions above, bitmap number 281 is vacant (for scenario 001) though any other unused number will do.

The files should be named as follows (replace XXXX with Bitmap number);
A_PlaneSide0281.bmp
Aptop0281.bmp
Aptop_alpha0281.bmp

Save these files in the "\Art\AlliedPlanes" folder in your game directory.

Then just link that bitmap number (281) to your aircraft in the editor.
If you are following AYAAD's instructions above, this will be in aircraft slot 280.

I hope this makes sense,

Reg -> RE: Aircraft Art Request (3/12/2016 5:02:19 AM)

How it looks.....

[image]local://upfiles/446/047D41C099CF411E86951122B5D27299.gif[/image]

el cid again -> RE: Aircraft Art Request (3/12/2016 7:03:02 PM)

FIDO was remarkably effective - and probably remains in inventory in some places. Production
was scaled back because not many were needed. Nevertheless, it was not in service until late
war, by which time the B-18 was no longer used for line operations.

B-18s were available for defensive operations at the start of the war - as were B-23s - although
that mainly would have been aircraft not adapted for ASW work. ASW is quite specialized and it
is not just a question of putting an ASW weapon on board (although NON ASW weapons were effective
to a degree). I assume a request for B-18s might be for actual duty as a bomber to attack ships
or ground targets rather than for an ASW platform. Why not use the B-37 Lexington in that role?
It is actually designed for it! [After USAAF discontinued ASW ops, a modified variation of it
became the P-2 for the Navy.]

paradigmblue -> RE: Aircraft Art Request (3/13/2016 9:32:43 PM)

Hi, I have some art requests as well that I was hoping people could help me with:

Bloch MB.162 - Top art needed. Here's the side for reference:
[image]http://i.imgur.com/aiUGARV.png[/image]

Late.299- One alternate paint scheme, side and top, preferably in the dark same dark gray of the LN.42. Here's the current side for reference.
[image]http://i.imgur.com/zq50rKK.png[/image]

LN.42 - Top art needed, here's the side for reference.
[image]http://i.imgur.com/2dOMrGe.png[/image]

Dewoitine D.790 - Top and Side art needed of one alternate paint scheme, in the dark gray of the LN.42. Here's the great original paint scheme by Gary for reference.
[image]http://i.imgur.com/UE44hQ1.png[/image]

Dewoitine D.551 - Top art needed using this plane side, plus a camo paint scheme with side and top.
[image]http://i.imgur.com/d3Idbt3.png[/image]

Dewoitine D.530 - Top art needed, here's the side for reference.
[image]http://i.imgur.com/IsbfPSL.png[/image]

SNCASE SE-100 - Sides and tops in two paint schemes, one camo and one French dark navy gray. Here's a side for reference.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/nfIaLne.png[/img]

Thank you!

paradigmblue -> RE: Aircraft Art Request (3/15/2016 1:54:17 AM)

Bump - any takers?

jmolyson -> RE: Aircraft Art Request (3/15/2016 5:40:25 PM)

Actually, the first FIDO was deployed in March 1943. At least 8 of the 122 ASW version B-18B operated in the ASW role
were still active in the Caribbean until August 1945. During the period March 1943 until the end of the war, BOLOs were
were replaced by B-24 and B-25 bombers as they became available. Also as the war continued, shore-based Navy B-24 variants
replace many of the Army units. See B-18Bolo by William Wolf among other references.

The Bolo fleet was available and adequate and provided a critical mission capability until more modern aircraft could be
deployed.

So, since we are conjecturing a B-18B Bolo presence in the Pacific, we need to consider FIDO a potential weapon
although the more common Mark XVII high drag depth charge would be a much more likely ASW weapon.

el cid again -> RE: Aircraft Art Request (4/6/2016 3:43:31 AM)

Presumably FIDO cannot be fitted before it is developed. So you may need to upgrade your planes to address that.

quote:

ORIGINAL: AYAAD

Actually, the first FIDO was deployed in March 1943. At least 8 of the 122 ASW version B-18B operated in the ASW role
were still active in the Caribbean until August 1945. During the period March 1943 until the end of the war, BOLOs were
were replaced by B-24 and B-25 bombers as they became available. Also as the war continued, shore-based Navy B-24 variants
replace many of the Army units. See B-18Bolo by William Wolf among other references.

The Bolo fleet was available and adequate and provided a critical mission capability until more modern aircraft could be
deployed.

So, since we are conjecturing a B-18B Bolo presence in the Pacific, we need to consider FIDO a potential weapon
although the more common Mark XVII high drag depth charge would be a much more likely ASW weapon.

cardas -> RE: Aircraft Art Request (4/8/2016 7:11:06 PM)

Hopefully you are okay with the scaling used (i.e. wingtips going from top edge of the image to the bottom edge). I don't know if the prop size is correct either.

Not linked, as I'm not allowed to post links/urls, but they are on imgur. Just use the standard direct link format used with imgur with these following image names.

pVzp8EO.png (LN. 42, alpha)
Fq2QA59.png (LN. 42, top, gray/blue/greenish)
Nd8WHK7.png (LN. 42, top, gray)

dzYSZLE.png (SNCASE SE-100, alpha)
l4cqgiO.png (SNCASE SE-100, top, gray)
s6rCUan.png (SNCASE SE-100, top, camo)

paradigmblue -> RE: Aircraft Art Request (4/9/2016 3:41:07 AM)

Fantastic Cardas, thank you.

I'll let you know if I run into any issues.

cardas -> RE: Aircraft Art Request (4/9/2016 3:21:12 PM)

Here's the Bloch MB.162 and Dewoitine D.530. Or rather the Bloch MB.162 and the D.520 as info on the D.530 was hard to come by. I assume that the different engine wouldn't have made such a major visual difference at this level of detail. Same deal as previous time with the imgur links.

A1ngd0q.png (Bloch MB.162, alpha)
bGSuwum.png (MB.162, gray)
1XaGM5u.png (MB.162, brown as in the side art)
J0ELsLk.png (MB.162, camo)

8MVGvVC.png (Dewoitine D.520, alpha)
gT7Nlk9.png (D.520, gray)
neI4tR5.png (D.520, white/black variant as in the side art)
iIzfv4d.png (D.520, camo)

Also, I'm not guaranteeing that I will make any of the rest, all of this was more a spur of the moment thing. I definitely won't make any original side art because that's way beyond my capabilities.

paradigmblue -> RE: Aircraft Art Request (4/9/2016 4:45:52 PM)

quote:

Also, I'm not guaranteeing that I will make any of the rest, all of this was more a spur of the moment thing. I definitely won't make any original side art because that's way beyond my capabilities.

Every bit helps. Thanks for working on this Cardas!

cardas -> RE: Aircraft Art Request (4/29/2016 7:43:52 PM)

Same deal as the previous times with the imgur links.

HIZ4NfS.png (Dewoitine D.551, alpha)
yPPE011.png (Dewoitine D.551, grey)
x6THmDO.png (Dewoitine D.551, side art style)
tGWTclf.png (Dewoitine D.551, camo)

rfC9KWD.png (Latécoère Laté.299, alpha)
PcsHwEn.png (Latécoère Laté.299, gray)
e4dvDif.png (Latécoère Laté.299, white/blackish)
O9Mq3PJ.png (Latécoère Laté.299, camo)

How about testing whether there is something a bit off with torpedo attacks in exchange for these ;)
Something which could hopefully be tested by using the test scenario I posted in the Sumbarine torpedo attacks thread in the Tech Support subforum, assuming it actually functions.

el cid again -> RE: Aircraft Art Request (5/1/2016 9:28:28 PM)

The B-18 is a 1941 start of game aircraft. A Fido armed variant of it would
need to be a later, upgraded model, in a different slot - or it is fictional.

quote:

ORIGINAL: AYAAD

deployed.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI