Advanced Squad Leader Mod (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Mods and Scenarios

Richie61 -> Advanced Squad Leader Mod (2/25/2016 4:42:23 PM)

Please see the attached "Advanced Squad Leader" mod put together for Tigers On The Hunt.

It's setup to use the "JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler".

*** Please backup your "terrain" file if not using JSGME ***

Sample image.

[image]http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx28/Richie61leader/ASL-TOTH-1_zpsfflvaj9f.jpg[/image]

Enjoy [:)]

Gerry4321 -> RE: Advanced Squad Leader Mod (2/25/2016 4:54:12 PM)

Thanks very much Ed!!

You mentioned terrain but it looks mostly like the game terrain?

And unlike the SL mod this one does not have the star attributes from TotH?

Richie61 -> RE: Advanced Squad Leader Mod (2/25/2016 4:59:09 PM)

Gerry,

No stars like base TotH or my Squad Leader mod. This was for the folks asking for an "ASL" like look.

Ed

idjester -> RE: Advanced Squad Leader Mod (2/25/2016 5:04:20 PM)

Very cool Richie61... Mine if I do a live broadcast with this installed to give people an idea of what it looks like and what to expect with this mod?

Thanks for the effort.

idjester

Richie61 -> RE: Advanced Squad Leader Mod (2/25/2016 5:08:26 PM)

Not at all. It's a free mod for all to use. [:)]

giffin -> RE: Advanced Squad Leader Mod (2/25/2016 5:41:56 PM)

Awesome MOD Ed! Great work! Cant wait to see IDJester play test this.

dox44 -> RE: Advanced Squad Leader Mod (2/25/2016 6:16:26 PM)

this is great mod. THANKS!!!

DaveyJJ -> RE: Advanced Squad Leader Mod (2/25/2016 6:26:31 PM)

Nice work.

surfcandy -> RE: Advanced Squad Leader Mod (2/25/2016 6:36:00 PM)

Sorry if mentioned somewhere before but does this Mod for Tigers include enemy AI?

Paullus -> RE: Advanced Squad Leader Mod (2/25/2016 6:38:24 PM)

Same AI as in the TotH game.

Rosseau -> RE: Advanced Squad Leader Mod (2/25/2016 6:39:30 PM)

Pretty sure it's just a graphics mod. Just one more reason to buy the game, eh? Thank you, this is great.

Dietrich53 -> RE: Advanced Squad Leader Mod (2/25/2016 6:44:44 PM)

This is just plain awesome! Thank you very much!!!!

Richie61 -> RE: Advanced Squad Leader Mod (2/25/2016 7:19:05 PM)

Yes, it's just a graphic mod of images. It doesn't change a single thing on the game engine.

RobertMc -> RE: Advanced Squad Leader Mod (2/25/2016 10:53:08 PM)

An AWESOME mod! Thank you very much!

Cataphract88 -> RE: Advanced Squad Leader Mod (2/26/2016 12:03:43 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richie61

Yes, it's just a graphic mod of images. It doesn't change a single thing on the game engine.

Your Squad Leader graphics mods have convinced me to buy this game. [&o]

idjester -> RE: Advanced Squad Leader Mod (2/26/2016 1:26:12 AM)

Posted a new video on how to install the new maps, scenarios and mods... If you need help on what to do.

Thanks Richie61 for this... Next live steam will include your mod so everyone can see it in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLgekuJL3I4

Big Ivan -> RE: Advanced Squad Leader Mod (2/26/2016 2:03:04 AM)

quote:

Please see the attached "Advanced Squad Leader" mod put together for Tigers On The Hunt.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/etxsj6qzn0thadw/AAAxsCXO4ElbOdKt-2jG623Na?dl=0

Sample image.

[image]http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx28/Richie61leader/ASL-TOTH-1_zpsfflvaj9f.jpg[/image]

Where can you get JSGME at or can I copy it from another game like Campaign Series?
Thanks!

Big Ivan

bo -> RE: Advanced Squad Leader Mod (2/26/2016 4:36:08 AM)

quote:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/etxsj6qzn0thadw/AAAxsCXO4ElbOdKt-2jG623Na?dl=0

Sample image.

Never played the Squad Leader series games, please explain what the numbers mean on the counters and will they coinside with Peter's game rules, thank you in advance.

Bo

baldbrother -> RE: Advanced Squad Leader Mod (2/26/2016 4:44:28 AM)

Thanks for the mod. Never played ASL but prefer your graphics. What the various numbers etc designate? Thanks.

kylania -> RE: Advanced Squad Leader Mod (2/26/2016 4:47:26 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Big Ivan
Where can you get JSGME at or can I copy it from another game like Campaign Series?
Thanks!

Here!

kylania -> RE: Advanced Squad Leader Mod (2/26/2016 4:51:37 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: baldbrother

Thanks for the mod. Never played ASL but prefer your graphics. What the various numbers etc designate? Thanks.

Here's the description from the ASLSK Tutorial PDF.

quote:

A German 1st Line rifle squad has the following values printed on the front of the counter: 4-6-7. These are, from left to right, Firepower (FP), Range, and Morale Level. A squad typically represents ten soldiers, although this will vary somewhat depending upon nationality and date.

A squad’s FP is primarily based upon its weaponry. In the case of the German 1st Line squad, this would be a light machine gun with a two-man crew, six riflemen with bolt-action rifles, and a sergeant and a corporal who could be armed with either rifles or submachine guns.

To better understand FP, compare a German Elite rifle squad: 4-6-8, to a German Conscript rifle squad: 4-3-6. The elite squad is a highly trained, highly motivated unit, while the conscript squad is either a poorly trained unit, or a unit that has suffered casualties to its key personnel. But both squads have the same exact FP... because they have the same equipment.

A squad’s range, however, is based on both equipment and training. A German 1st Line squad has the same range as a German Elite squad, 6 hexes, so both squads are capable of effective fire at long range. But the German Conscript squad only has a range of 3 hexes; it has the same basic weapons as the other two squads, but it does not have the coordination (again due to lack of training or casualties to key personnel) to fire effectively at the same range as the better squads.

surfcandy -> RE: Advanced Squad Leader Mod (2/26/2016 5:20:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: kylania

quote:

ORIGINAL: baldbrother

Here's the description from the ASLSK Tutorial PDF.

quote:

A German 1st Line rifle squad has the following values printed on the front of the counter: 4-6-7. These are, from left to right, Firepower (FP), Range, and Morale Level. A squad typically represents ten soldiers, although this will vary somewhat depending upon nationality and date.

A squad’s FP is primarily based upon its weaponry. In the case of the German 1st Line squad, this would be a light machine gun with a two-man crew, six riflemen with bolt-action rifles, and a sergeant and a corporal who could be armed with either rifles or submachine guns.

To better understand FP, compare a German Elite rifle squad: 4-6-8, to a German Conscript rifle squad: 4-3-6. The elite squad is a highly trained, highly motivated unit, while the conscript squad is either a poorly trained unit, or a unit that has suffered casualties to its key personnel. But both squads have the same exact FP... because they have the same equipment.

A squad’s range, however, is based on both equipment and training. A German 1st Line squad has the same range as a German Elite squad, 6 hexes, so both squads are capable of effective fire at long range. But the German Conscript squad only has a range of 3 hexes; it has the same basic weapons as the other two squads, but it does not have the coordination (again due to lack of training or casualties to key personnel) to fire effectively at the same range as the better squads.

So does that mean that the ASL counters used in the mod correspond to the unit values in Tigers On The Hunt?

Richie61 -> RE: Advanced Squad Leader Mod (2/26/2016 5:35:49 AM)

Big Ivan,

Chad did a thread about it and has a link to it in his first post at the Blitz.
http://www.theblitz.org/message_boards/showthread.php?tid=65299

Ed

Richie61 -> RE: Advanced Squad Leader Mod (2/26/2016 5:41:27 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vin53
So does that mean that the ASL counters used in the mod correspond to the unit values in Tigers On The Hunt?

Nope. The numbers on these counters are for the ASL board game and don't correspond to TotH. They are for looks
only.

Now my Squad Leader mod matches TotH. [;)]

Here is a quick chart of the two counters. ASL vs TotH
[image]http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx28/Richie61leader/ASL%20vs%20TotH_zpsqg3o7xen.png[/image]

Paullus -> RE: Advanced Squad Leader Mod (2/26/2016 9:19:05 AM)

Well I can see a pattern that will work for the ASL numbers to the TotH values.

TotH Fire Power Letters A -G ASL first digit 8 - 2 , Moral TotH number of stars ASL last digit

dwinston -> RE: Advanced Squad Leader Mod (2/26/2016 1:52:31 PM)

What is the "JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler"?

Thanks

Big Ivan -> RE: Advanced Squad Leader Mod (2/26/2016 2:46:05 PM)

quote:

Big Ivan,

Ed

Thanks Ed!

Got it installed but, when I enable graphics through JSGME the old graphics still remain.
Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

John

DerGrenadier -> RE: Advanced Squad Leader Mod (2/26/2016 3:19:52 PM)

quote:

quote:

Big Ivan,

Ed

Thanks Ed!

Got it installed but, when I enable graphics through JSGME the old graphics still remain.

John

Iam having the same. Seems not to work.

idjester -> RE: Advanced Squad Leader Mod (2/26/2016 3:35:52 PM)

Yeah, I have one... Don't use JSGME. I got it installed and working in 15 seconds. Then uninstalled it in 15 more seconds.

If your having problems I created a video on how to install map, scenarios, and mods. Make a backup copy of your terrain file first please.

idjester

kylania -> RE: Advanced Squad Leader Mod (2/26/2016 4:18:21 PM)

quote:

It's the way it's packaged. For some reason Richie or Dropbox has separated the folders incorrectly so you get an empty ASL folder and a Graphics folder which means you're ending up with the terrain.png file being in the root folder instead of Graphics.

For JSGME you'll want to place the "ASL Mod" folder inside the MODS folder and under that you want the graphics folder with your replacement content.

The path should be this:
TotH Root Folder -> MODS -> ASL Mod -> Graphics -> terrain.png

That way when you enable ASL Mod via JSGME you're replacing the terrain.png in the Root -> Graphics folder.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.880859E-02