Ememy Targets (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series

Chris21wen -> Ememy Targets (2/17/2016 9:27:13 AM)

Why, when you find a permanent structure do they not stay found? I.e. Visible on map and/or in the enemy target list until destroyed. After all they don't move so why not?

Bingeling -> RE: Ememy Targets (2/17/2016 10:04:56 AM)

How would you know if they are destroyed, if you can't see them?

Retreat1970 -> RE: Ememy Targets (2/17/2016 3:21:54 PM)

I kind of agree with Chris. Even if they are destroyed (unknowingly), there should still be a false positive until otherwise known.

Bingeling -> RE: Ememy Targets (2/17/2016 3:37:49 PM)

Just to add, I kind of agree too.

There is a "last known status" of a system, and that status should be available until new information arrives. "The last I know, there was an Ikurro mine on that continental, but it is 5 years since I saw it and things may be very different now".

RemoteLeg -> RE: Ememy Targets (2/17/2016 6:09:28 PM)

I'd also like to see discoveries like this stay on the map.
Perhaps still show the item on the map, but add some indication of the information's reliability based on when you last checked it. For example, the icon could get darker as it ages and if you hover the cursor over it a popup displays how long it's been since you last visited.

echo2361 -> RE: Ememy Targets (2/17/2016 6:23:26 PM)

Sins of a Solar Empire handled this well. When you left a system it was covered in a fog of war but you could still see what was in the system when you last left with a timer saying X seconds since last scouted to let you know things may have changed. Maybe for DW2?

Hattori Hanzo -> RE: Ememy Targets (2/17/2016 6:37:26 PM)

in all other space 4x that I played the "old informations" remain always visible although not up-to-date.

this one is a real fault of DW, we can only hope they addressed it in DW2.

or with a patch.

Blabsawaw22 -> RE: Ememy Targets (2/18/2016 2:18:35 AM)

isn't this what monitoring stations are for??

Chris21wen -> RE: Ememy Targets (2/18/2016 5:56:16 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bingeling

How would you know if they are destroyed, if you can't see them?

Until "you" destroy them.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI