Rail Conversion Question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa

RickInVA -> Rail Conversion Question (12/15/2015 12:38:30 AM)

I may have gotten myself into a sticky situation. In AGC I have chosen enough pro-eisenbahntruppe decisions that my net rail conversion is now 0 (zero). Do the effects of any of those decisions (infrastructure, sidings, etc.) ever wear off so that I can start converting track again?

While understanding that choosing certain decisions will slow down the rail conversion process, I don't think it should be possible to decision yourself to inactivity.

Are any of those settings somewhere where I can fiddle with them?

lancer -> RE: Rail Conversion Question (12/15/2015 5:02:22 AM)

Hi RickInVA,

The Eisenbahntruppe were in very short supply and it is indeed possible to get to where you are at present by placing them down the bottom of your list of priorities.

If you had at least a little conversion effort remaining it'd gradually accumulate so that you'd end up converting rail but at a much reduced rate.

At zero, however, you might have to get used to the Soviet Rail system.

AGC is still doable with the use of Soviet Gauge but the further you extend out towards Moscow the more potential problems you may face. The rail algorithms are pretty generous for AGC but I'd be lunging for Moscow before winter hits.

Cheers,
Cameron

stormbringer3 -> RE: Rail Conversion Question (12/16/2015 3:10:38 PM)

I think that the OP is referring to the decision where you opt to protect the Eisenbahntruppe and when you do, the troops converting the RR declines. On the surface it looks like a good idea until you you realize that if you do it too many times there's no one working on the RR. It's a long game and so if you make that mistake, which I did, I think that there should be some way to slowly reverse that situation.

lancer -> RE: Rail Conversion Question (12/17/2015 1:56:00 AM)

Hi stormbringer,

That's a reasonable suggestion.

Cheers,
Cameron

ryan1488 -> RE: Rail Conversion Question (12/17/2015 3:57:46 PM)

If you offer protection, your level drops, and if you tell them to shut up and push forward, your level probably drops.

There should at least be a threshold set to where you can't lose them all.

lancer -> RE: Rail Conversion Question (12/17/2015 8:52:32 PM)

Hi,

There are a number of decision involving the Eisenbahntruppe and it isn't possible to drop them to zero with a single decision. To do this you've got to take a number of decisions and choose the worst outcomes (or perhaps ignore them all in favour of other priorities and end up with a similar outcome).

There is a measure of randomisation of the effects of individual decisions which, with some bad die rolls, could put you in a precarious position as well.

This is the first instance I've known of a theatre dropping to zero. It's not ideal so I'll put something in there to allow you to recover.

Historically this is an area which was much neglected by the Germans and when they found they had a great need for their limited numbers of under equipped Eisenbahntruppe they had to cut a lot of corners in order to make do.

Cheers,
Cameron

ryan1488 -> RE: Rail Conversion Question (12/27/2015 8:57:17 AM)

i can confirm army group center ran out of converting folks. at minsk! i almost always tell them to push on. this is with 1.02 beta

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI