Creating an underwater neutral object (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

ColonelMolerat -> Creating an underwater neutral object (9/30/2015 1:27:22 PM)

I was wondering, are there neutral, stationary underwater objects you can place in the editor?

I'm wondering about the possibility of making a scenario in which the player goes pirate-hunting, and is also tasked with searching for something under the water - a shipwreck, for example.

While looking for this shipwreck, they also detect an enemy submarine, leading to a change in pace in the mission.

So, can you place shipwrecks or similar objects, to find which would require sensors also capable of detecting submarines?

Dysta -> RE: Creating an underwater neutral object (9/30/2015 1:32:49 PM)

+1

I am also making a scenario involved with already-sunk but detectable ship that need sonars to find it, rather than using scripts. Maybe in future update will add "sunk" status to all ships? This feature already in older game like JFC and DW.

thewood1 -> RE: Creating an underwater neutral object (9/30/2015 2:37:26 PM)

Put it in the feature request thread.

Also, I hope it doesn't become a high priority...this looks a lot like scope creep. These niche things should be left to Lua.

ColonelMolerat -> RE: Creating an underwater neutral object (9/30/2015 2:54:11 PM)

Would this type of thing be moddable using Lua then? (I assume something like setting the ship location to ocean floor, and rendering it immobile?)

thewood1 -> RE: Creating an underwater neutral object (9/30/2015 3:46:40 PM)

Don't know...never enve considered it. I would use a sub or biological with 0 movement and no weapons.

thewood1 -> RE: Creating an underwater neutral object (9/30/2015 3:47:07 PM)

Do you even own Command?

ExNusquam -> RE: Creating an underwater neutral object (9/30/2015 4:56:56 PM)

It would be possible to put a submarine on a separate side and set it's side visibility to "blind". Set the subs depth to the bottom and remove all it's weapons. The "False Contact" could also work.

DeSade -> RE: Creating an underwater neutral object (9/30/2015 5:50:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ExNusquam
It would be possible to put a submarine on a separate side and set it's side visibility to "blind". Set the subs depth to the bottom and remove all it's weapons. The "False Contact" could also work.

yup, you could also use Sosus array for it. All tools are already in place imho :)

ColonelMolerat -> RE: Creating an underwater neutral object (9/30/2015 9:01:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1

Do you even own Command?

Nope... I'm just wondering about scenarios I could test out. I tried searching for 'shipwreck, but only got the missiles, so thought I'd ask on the forums. Half this game seems to be about research anyway!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI