RE: Review: First Impressions (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985

76mm -> RE: Review: First Impressions (9/27/2015 8:37:02 AM)

One more minor thing--I just clicked on a hex with a bunch of enemy units. The unit box on the right shows five units and part of a sixth, but there does not seem to be any way to scroll down to see the rest of the 6th unit, or if there are any more? Using the arrow key scrolls the map.

Crossroads -> RE: Review: First Impressions (9/27/2015 8:38:28 AM)

Regarding Org Highlight: select any unit, say it happens to be III Platoon, then all its HQs are highlighted: I Platoon, Bn, Regt, ..., so on. Then you see the HQs and can pick one of them. Or, use the Find Organization (or whatsit called, not at my PC atm) dialog to highlight full organizations per the one you click in the listing. Hope this helps.

Crossroads -> RE: Review: First Impressions (9/27/2015 10:31:40 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: 76mm

One more minor thing--I just clicked on a hex with a bunch of enemy units. The unit box on the right shows five units and part of a sixth, but there does not seem to be any way to scroll down to see the rest of the 6th unit, or if there are any more? Using the arrow key scrolls the map.

You can drag the panel up and down with mouse. Select, then drag.

TheWombat_matrixforum -> RE: Review: First Impressions (9/27/2015 2:24:38 PM)

Thanks for the great responses--the CS:ME team is really on the ball :).

VegasOZ -> RE: Review: First Impressions (9/28/2015 7:19:43 PM)

I won a battle.

Yes, big victory.

Those "Arabs" will think twice before messing with me again...

Oh, and I did not touch the advantage slider...not even once...I was not even aware that there was an advantage slider...why would I even be aware of such a thing?

Fair and Square, beat 'em... Yep, no help from the advantage slider at all.

Ah, very satisfying to actually win one.

LOL

berto -> RE: Review: First Impressions (9/28/2015 7:24:01 PM)

[8|]

[:D]

Bradley62 -> RE: Review: First Impressions (9/29/2015 11:39:18 AM)

Fun fun fun guys, got to hand it to you. Use to play CS many moons ago and was a little skeptical you could bring it back to life, but wow, great job! Having a blast just playing some of the tutorials. Can't wait to get to the main course. Next version first day buy for me. [sm=happy0065.gif]

Crossroads -> RE: Review: First Impressions (9/29/2015 1:18:27 PM)

Thanks Bradley for your kind comments, glad to hear you like it! [:)]

pzgndr -> RE: Review: First Impressions (10/2/2015 5:12:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: berto
There's simply no way going forward that we would continue to upgrade ("mega patch") three-games-in-one with well over 700 scenarios and many thousands of data files total. Whether as a freebie (which last year's JTCS 2.0* was), or as an all-in-one $40-50 new game. That's way too much content for a mid-priced game. (Don't forget the "living game" part and the promise of post-release new content and back ported engine updates.) If that were the proposition, JTCS 2.02 would be the end of the line, no more EF, WF or RS updates of any kind, finis.

Just curious. Are there any more CSME improvements that could be retrofitted to a possible JTCS 2.03 or did you guys already do all that you could with the old game engine and the new features that went into CSME? I won't mind buying WF 3.0 someday and maybe EF 3.0 also, but until then JTCS 2.02 is running well. A little something more would be nice but again 2.02 is still a very nice upgrade. Thank you!

berto -> RE: Review: First Impressions (10/2/2015 6:34:06 PM)

The major new features in ME 1.00, if back ported to JTCS, would involve massive reworking of the data. To be sure, it's not just code. The minor features? Unfortunately, the "common codebase" has bifurcated, and it's just not feasible picking through the ME codebase and retrofitting isolated bits and pieces onto the JTCS codebase.

Then, too, we have totally reformatted the ME codebase. The JTCS codebase retains the original layout and style. Which would make it all the harder to apply ME changes to JTCS.

(The "ME codebase", the "common codebase", will also support the new WF 3.0 etc. But only with the massive data updates.)

No, sorry, v2.02 is the end of the line for JTCS. We haven't even looked at the JTCS code in the past year. Revisiting it is most unlikely.

ArmyEsq -> RE: Review: First Impressions (10/10/2015 10:38:56 PM)

Great game. I'm actually losing to the AI!

Just one very weird event: a French Rifle PLT assaulted a unit of French AML-90 armored cars. Destroyed them. Does this have anything to do with the adaptive AI and the fact that there were enemy civilians in the same hex as that French Rifle PLT? Is there some new code for friendly fire now? Or was it a glitch? Forgive me if this has already been addressed.

Please let me know. Here's a screen shot:

[image]local://upfiles/51154/C93CD0E1091D4FC2BEC5A592FDFD1734.gif[/image]

Jason Petho -> RE: Review: First Impressions (10/11/2015 1:25:02 AM)

Friendly fire is a new feature, accidents can and will happen.

Jason Petho

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI