Request: Operation Praying Mantis (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios

SubCmdr -> Request: Operation Praying Mantis (7/6/2015 11:25:14 PM)

Hello, I have been looking around for a historical version of Operation Praying Mantis, which took place in the 80's between the US and Iran. I have been unable to find a historical version, only one that takes place in 2017. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

magi -> RE: Request: Operation Praying Mantis (7/7/2015 8:02:09 AM)

No one has designed one yet… But it would be a very interesting subject ...

Galahad78 -> RE: Request: Operation Praying Mantis (7/7/2015 11:50:16 AM)

I thought about building this scenario (or, rather, a series of scenarios) after reading the (very interesting) "America's First Clash with Iran: Tanker War", but the amount of work is daunting [:(]. Sometime, in the future, perhaps...

SubCmdr -> RE: Request: Operation Praying Mantis (7/7/2015 2:52:18 PM)

I just got done with that book as well, hence my interest in the scenario. Perhaps I will try to throw something together, though I am not too proficient with the mission editor.

DeltaIV -> RE: Request: Operation Praying Mantis (7/7/2015 4:35:07 PM)

I worked on this one (and probably many others did), but I decided to scrap this scenario, because I don't consider hunting two frigates and few patrol boats with full US CVBG very interesting.

SubCmdr -> RE: Request: Operation Praying Mantis (7/7/2015 5:47:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DeltaIV

I worked on this one (and probably many others did), but I decided to scrap this scenario, because I don't consider hunting two frigates and few patrol boats with full US CVBG very interesting.

But the historical value. [:)]

Gunner98 -> RE: Request: Operation Praying Mantis (7/7/2015 10:54:57 PM)

quote:

Maybe you could add the treat of a Kilo sub and some unconfirmed threats (Air, SAM, SSM) on a different side to spice it up? Perhaps restrict the CAW somewhat. Haven't really looked at this one so am not sure, but there is usually a way of putting the player on the edge a bit.

B

NickD -> RE: Request: Operation Praying Mantis (7/8/2015 8:52:17 AM)

quote:

You could use the scoring to make things interesting - if the player does worse than the USN did historically, they loose.

DeltaIV -> RE: Request: Operation Praying Mantis (7/8/2015 11:20:47 AM)

Well, it's gone now so no big deal.

I usually choose between fiction and historical setting. If I consider historical setting unplayable for some reason, it's a no go.

It would probably make a nice tutorial scenario though.

1) Get some A/C up or do nothing and fire up radars
2) Fire some Harpoons or drop something on the ENY
3) Triumph and have a beer

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.953125E-02