[FIXED B678.14] Grouped A/C fire still won't fire as a group (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support

DWReese -> [FIXED B678.14] Grouped A/C fire still won't fire as a group (6/15/2015 9:22:25 AM)

With Build 13 you announced that this problem was fixed. I downloaded the new build, and updated the DB. I replayed the scenario, and it still doesn't work right. A flight of four F-15Is carrying one GBU-28 B/C each is attacking the underground complexes at Natanz. When the group gets within firing range, one A/C fires one missile, and then waits for it to resolve its action before a second plane fires its weapon. They repeat this over and over again until all of the planes have fired their weapons. I have six groups of four A/C so I end up with 24 planes flying around in circles waiting for the other GBUs to resolve its attack before they launch their own GBU. Was this done on purpose?

Thanks

Doug

p1t1o -> RE: NEW--Grouped A/C fire still won't fire as a group (6/15/2015 9:55:43 AM)

Possible that this behavior can be changed via the weapons release authority (WRA) settings?

Set hardened target option to 4 weapons and one-weapon-per-ship option selected? Or something?

thewood1 -> RE: NEW--Grouped A/C fire still won't fire as a group (6/15/2015 10:30:16 AM)

Did the scenario get rebuilt?

DWReese -> RE: NEW--Grouped A/C fire still won't fire as a group (6/15/2015 2:32:07 PM)

Yes, that is the settings that I am using.

And, yes, the scenario has been rebuilt with all of the new updates.

thewood1 -> RE: NEW--Grouped A/C fire still won't fire as a group (6/15/2015 3:31:43 PM)

My concern here is that the behavior you are seeing was not the original behavior in earlier releases. Before, players thought groups were firing too many assets before seeing the results of the attack. It was felt the groups were wasting ammo. A few releases ago, the behavior was modified and the weapon allocation function was developed. It was developed for just this type of issue. That is my memory of it and am not sure how far back we should take that behavior.

ComDev -> RE: NEW--Grouped A/C fire still won't fire as a group (6/15/2015 3:51:38 PM)

I pressed play and the F-15s dropped all GBUs immediately and RTB'ed [8D]

DWReese -> RE: NEW--Grouped A/C fire still won't fire as a group (6/15/2015 6:33:50 PM)

Ragnar,

Thanks for responding.

in the scenario that I uploaded you can see that one of the four F-15Is has already dropped his weapon, but the other three have not.

Do you mean that that dropped the GBUs one at a time, or all at once because they did not do that for me?

Doug

ComDev -> RE: NEW--Grouped A/C fire still won't fire as a group (6/15/2015 7:24:36 PM)

Yeah okay we found an error, seems there's been a bad code merge [8D]

DWReese -> RE: NEW--Grouped A/C fire still won't fire as a group (6/15/2015 8:54:11 PM)

Thanks so much, Ragnar!

I sincerely appreciate the efforts of everyone there.

Doug

mikmykWS -> RE: NEW--Grouped A/C fire still won't fire as a group (6/15/2015 10:55:58 PM)

Please download and check RC5

DWReese -> RE: NEW--Grouped A/C fire still won't fire as a group (6/15/2015 11:37:33 PM)

Ragnar,

The fix worked. Everything is back to normal.

Thanks again. I am glad that I was able to help locate this error for you.

Doug

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI