Knowledge of enemy bases (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

jwolf -> Knowledge of enemy bases (6/13/2015 2:32:48 PM)

Beginner question here. I've noticed in the operations reports that I get told about enemy base improvements for ports and airfields, and I assume it is true the other way around as well. What is the rationale for this? As the Allied commander, how could I possibly know that a Japanese airfield in Taiwan was improved, without doing actual work such as recon or signal intel? Is this info given simply for reasons of playability, or does it represent actual intel capability for each side?

Lokasenna -> RE: Knowledge of enemy bases (6/13/2015 3:56:37 PM)

Probably a little of both - playability (so you can plan operations), and abstracting intelligence that isn't represented in the game. Photos from sub recon missions, radio traffic, etc.

Justus2 -> RE: Knowledge of enemy bases (6/13/2015 5:50:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

Probably a little of both - playability (so you can plan operations), and abstracting intelligence that isn't represented in the game. Photos from sub recon missions, radio traffic, etc.

I agree, I also think of this as the work of spies, military attaches and other HUMINT. After all, it may be easy for troops to hide, but building a dock or a runway is a pretty permanent addition, and would be obvious even to casual civilian observers.

geofflambert -> RE: Knowledge of enemy bases (6/13/2015 7:08:22 PM)

The allied player also gets sporadic reports of such-and-such unit is loaded on ship(s) and headed to (where). The Japanese had practically no intelligence, even worse than the Germans, but you still get that info.

Oh, the Japanese player does not get such-and-such unit is planning to attack/defend (target).

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI