Taking a screenshot in SPWaW (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers

Sami -> Taking a screenshot in SPWaW (3/1/2003 3:45:24 PM)

Hi,

I don't seem able to take a proper screenshots while playing SPWaW. The resulting screenshot (using Alt-PrintScrn) produces a messy picture that reminds me of old PC games from the era when the common monitors were CGA (before VGA, back in the days when the 286 was a fastest baby on the block). I've tried using different resolutions, but it doesn't help.

Anyone ?

Cheers,
Sami

Sami -> Anyone? (3/7/2003 3:50:15 AM)

Bump!

Come on, don't tell me that taking screenshots is impossible!

Cheers,
Sami

Resisti -> (3/7/2003 5:15:05 AM)

Using the printscreen function from theyboard, won't work with Spwaw, this is well known.
Most of us use this utility: http://www.hyperionics.com/

and look for "Hypersnap-DX", it's for free :)

Marc von Martial -> (3/7/2003 4:02:34 PM)

http://www.gicombat.com/chatshots.htm

Check this FAQ on screenshots from the GI Combat website. UOSU is very simple to set up. Browse all the way down for the download links.

Sami -> Thank you! (3/7/2003 11:43:08 PM)

Thanks for the help, both of you.

I had noticed this problem a long time ago but didn't give it much thought. And I've totally missed all discussion on how to take screenshots.

I have SUCH a good game going on against my friend, that I just HAVE to have some screenshots with which I'll taunt him in the future...
;)

Sami -> Still not workin... (3/18/2003 4:29:46 PM)

Howdy!

I downloaded both of these programs, and installed them as advised. However, I still don't get screenshots while playing SPWAW!

E.g. while playing and using UOSU, it indicates that it has taken several "shots" (the indicator below the screenshot folder), but no screenshots appear in the actual folder.

Has someone else had this problem? Am I doing something wrong?

Hoping to get advice,
Sami

Resisti -> (3/18/2003 4:42:02 PM)

As for Hypersnap: Spwaw is running on full screen, therefore youíll have to look carefully which is the hotkey to take a snapshot under these conditions.
Iím at work and donít have the program here, but I remember there is indicated which is the correct key to hit, within one of the window menus.
Or check the program help/manual.
The screenshots will be saved directly on your desktop.

Sami -> I'll give it a new try when I get home (3/18/2003 6:14:53 PM)

thanks for the extra info.

Cheers,
Sami

chief -> (3/18/2003 11:58:29 PM)

SAMI: I believe the hotkey is "Scroll Lock", at least it is on mine.

GOOD Luck !!

Sami -> thanx! (3/19/2003 12:04:30 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Resisti
[B]As for Hypersnap: Spwaw is running on full screen, therefore youíll have to look carefully which is the hotkey to take a snapshot under these conditions.
Iím at work and donít have the program here, but I remember there is indicated which is the correct key to hit, within one of the window menus.
Or check the program help/manual.
The screenshots will be saved directly on your desktop. [/B][/QUOTE]

Had to enable the special capture, now it works!

Thankfully,
Sami

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
3.515625E-02