RE: What else do you want to know more about? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West

Joel Billings -> RE: What else do you want to know more about? (12/4/2014 10:57:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bluth

Hi !
Never bought any of the GG games but I might flinch for this one.

Juste a little question (that will not influence me on my choice but still), are there partisans in the game (like the French Resistance ) ?

There are are rules for partisans and garrisons, and there can be partisan attacks on rails and factories. No partisan units though. Also, under some conditions partisans can take control of hexes in some French and Italian areas.

PaulWRoberts -> RE: What else do you want to know more about? (12/4/2014 11:14:28 PM)

*oops wrong forum *

76mm -> RE: What else do you want to know more about? (12/5/2014 1:26:52 AM)

quote:

Landing Craft are not modelled but Troop and Cargo ships are. Ships can be a limiting factor for invasions.

hmmm, I thought that a specific shortage of landing craft was a major constraint in planning for the various invasions in Europe (Sicily, Italy, Normandy, Dragoon).

How do you deal with this if they are not modeled?

Joel Billings -> RE: What else do you want to know more about? (12/5/2014 1:35:54 AM)

They are handled in two ways. First, the limited transport ships you have (so if you lose too many during operations, you will be limited in future invasions), and in the need to prepare for invasions (which takes time, with the bigger the forces prepping the longer the time it takes). The latter does several things, but part of it is simulating the need to build up landing craft.

bluth -> RE: What else do you want to know more about? (12/5/2014 10:23:18 AM)

quote:

There are are rules for partisans and garrisons, and there can be partisan attacks on rails and factories. No partisan units though. Also, under some conditions partisans can take control of hexes in some French and Italian areas.

Thanks ! and (yes I'm French) are the french troops who fought with or against germany modelled in the game ?

RedLancer -> RE: What else do you want to know more about? (12/5/2014 10:32:34 AM)

The Free French Army and FFr Air Groups are included in the Allied OOB as is the 33rd SS Grenadier Division in the Axis OOB - but only in the EF Box.  If you want to see it on the map you'll have to bring it West.

bluth -> RE: What else do you want to know more about? (12/5/2014 10:53:41 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Red Lancer

The Free French Army and FFr Air Groups are included in the Allied OOB as is the 33rd SS Grenadier Division in the Axis OOB - but only in the EF Box.  If you want to see it on the map you'll have to bring it West.

Perfect !

bluth -> RE: What else do you want to know more about? (12/10/2014 10:22:11 PM)

Is it possible to have a screenshot of the area playable in the game ?
I still can't have a good grasp of what can or can't be done in the game

Nico165b165 -> RE: What else do you want to know more about? (12/10/2014 10:34:03 PM)

[image]http://www.forty-two.me/files/map.jpg[/image]

See the minimap in the bottom left corner ?

Blue area is the whole area playable in the game.

Red area is the actual on screen area.

The whole map is bigger than the playable area because it will be used for other theatres/scenarios later.

bluth -> RE: What else do you want to know more about? (12/10/2014 10:36:00 PM)

That's perfect thank you very much !

Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI