Allied a/c replacements (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Chris21wen -> Allied a/c replacements (7/22/2014 10:17:32 AM)

Just curious but it's probably been answered before but can't find it.

Why do the Allies have a replacement rate and a production rate for a/c? Why not all as replacements?

Erkki -> RE: Allied a/c replacements (7/22/2014 11:02:38 AM)

I guess to give the Japanese the chance to hit(kinda useless as they can be repaired quick, Allies have plenty of supplies) or capture production lines(in Australia).

Also gives Allies the chance to keep building an older model if wanted. Dunno if that would make sense with any of produced planes, though.

Chris21wen -> RE: Allied a/c replacements (7/22/2014 11:31:07 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erkki

I guess to give the Japanese the chance to hit(kinda useless as they can be repaired quick, Allies have plenty of supplies) or capture production lines(in Australia).

Also gives Allies the chance to keep building an older model if wanted. Dunno if that would make sense with any of produced planes, though.

That had crossed my mind.

wdolson -> RE: Allied a/c replacements (7/22/2014 12:07:34 PM)

It's been there since the original WitP. For production I guess the aircraft factories that were on the map in the real war are there so the Japanese can capture them. Though none of them would be easy to capture or hold once captured.

Bill

Lecivius -> RE: Allied a/c replacements (7/22/2014 2:55:36 PM)

Just curious, has anyone ever captured, or even bombed them? I know of a few AAR's where it was considered, but I don't recall if anyone ever got close enough, or ever triggered the US emergency replacements.

DaveConn -> RE: Allied a/c replacements (7/22/2014 4:59:13 PM)

I don't think the important point is the capture/damage issue, but rather the fact that the "production" numbers (based on factories) upgrade to new models when available, whereas the "replacement" numbers just go away after the specified dates. E.g., if an aircraft has a replacement rate of 20, you will get (approx) 20 per month for as long as the data specifies. If an aircraft has a production rate of 20, you will get (approx) 20 per month for as long as specified, but the production will upgrade to the successor model of aircraft when available.

Gaspote -> RE: Allied a/c replacements (7/22/2014 6:14:40 PM)

To send Seiran from I400 to bomb them of course [:D]

wdolson -> RE: Allied a/c replacements (7/22/2014 10:41:51 PM)

I remember an AAR in the WitP days where Mogami tried to take San Francisco. I think he landed in Vancouver and marched south. He derailed every other operation to put everything into the US invasion. Even then I don't think he got much further south than Portland. In AE I think it would be even tougher.

Bill

crsutton -> RE: Allied a/c replacements (7/23/2014 3:59:32 PM)

I find it useful "not" to allow the B25-D1 to upgrade to later models. It is still a great plane and the later models have less range. Otherwise, I never fool with Allied aircraft upgrades.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI