Adding troop maint. modifer for a single game and race? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding

Keston -> Adding troop maint. modifer for a single game and race? (7/9/2014 1:55:52 AM)

Can I use the editor within the game to add an extra modifier reducing troop maintenance for a single race during that game only (i.e., no knock-on effects on any other game)?

(TroopMaintenanceSavings changes this in the races file, but that would affect other games in progress, right? Or is this modifier locked in when the game is started, so I should put it in for that and then restore it to the normal value?)

Does seem to work and give the maintenance discount in game.

ParagonExile -> RE: Adding troop maint. modifer for a single game and race? (7/9/2014 10:19:03 AM)

No :(

Typically, editing a .txt file (like resources or biases or whatever) will not change anything in your current game. You usually need to start a new one.

Keston -> RE: Adding troop maint. modifer for a single game and race? (7/9/2014 11:17:04 AM)

Thank you. So that suggests for a one-off change that I should change the race file, then start a new game to lock in the modifier, and then change it back for future games?

Solarius Scorch -> RE: Adding troop maint. modifer for a single game and race? (7/31/2014 3:05:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Keston

Thank you. So that suggests for a one-off change that I should change the race file, then start a new game to lock in the modifier, and then change it back for future games?

I think it should work, though I've never tried.

Now is a good opportunity to test it. :)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI