Energy Balancing not working [1.9.5.3] (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support

Locarnus -> Energy Balancing not working [1.9.5.3] (6/9/2014 3:40:31 PM)

edit: still there in 1.9.5.3

Hello,

I made a mod which changes the energy production of reactor components.
While testing it, Francoy found out that the energy balancing does not work as stated in the design templates. It just is not apparant without modding.

Basically it just seems to add only 1 reactor if the number stated in the design template is not sufficient.

This makes modding any energy using component next to impossible (weapons, superweapons, reactors, hyperdrives, and so on).

For demonstration purposes I just modded the components.txt, so that the "Basic Space Reactor" and the "Fission Reactor" are about 1/3 in size, output and resource costs. The modded components.txt is attached to this post.

Then I just started a new game on tech level 1.

The result is, that nearly all autodesigned vessels are severely underpowered in terms of energy production.

edit:
Savegame and components.txt in a zip: energy-balance-test.zip

[image]http://i.imgur.com/JMQTE6l.jpg[/image]

elliotg -> RE: Energy Balancing not working [1.9.5.2 and before] (6/12/2014 7:25:50 AM)

Hi Locarnus

The AI ship design will add as many reactors as required to meet your energy output needs, not just a single reactor.

However the current logic to drive hyperdrives at full speed does add only a single reactor.

We'll add a fix for this in the next update (1.9.5.3)

Thanks
Elliot

Locarnus -> RE: Energy Balancing not working [1.9.5.2 and before] (6/14/2014 3:07:59 PM)

Hello,

the problem is still there in 1.9.5.3, just tested.

best regards,
Locarnus

Icemania -> RE: Energy Balancing not working [1.9.5.2 and before] (6/15/2014 12:12:31 PM)

Please Matrix help Locarnus because this mod looks fantastic ...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.734375E-02