The worst thing about Steam DW so far ... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

Osito -> The worst thing about Steam DW so far ... (5/26/2014 6:58:42 PM)

Been trying to make some changes to the components file, and I made a change and nothing happened, and I tried again and nothing happened, and I'm about to post in tech support about the bloody themes being bugged when ...

I realise I'm playing the Steam version of the game, but updating the customisation folder of the non-Steam version of the game.

Doh!

Bingeling -> RE: The worst thing about Steam DW so far ... (5/26/2014 7:06:31 PM)

That is a classic type of error in programming...

Darkspire -> RE: The worst thing about Steam DW so far ... (5/26/2014 7:17:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Osito

Been trying to make some changes to the components file, and I made a change and nothing happened, and I tried again and nothing happened, and I'm about to post in tech support about the bloody themes being bugged when ...

I realise I'm playing the Steam version of the game, but updating the customisation folder of the non-Steam version of the game.

Doh!

As bad as me constantly updating GameText.txt with every patch in my theme since Universe started testing, read the modding manual yesterday and found it is not even a moddable file for a theme. Always wondered why the changes never showed up ... [8|]

Darkspire

elanaagain -> RE: The worst thing about Steam DW so far ... (5/26/2014 7:41:59 PM)

For me the 'worst thing' is the buggy-ness of some 'features.' Attack button greyed out. In two games I experienced a situation where my troops on a planet I owned and controlled were not allowed to attack the pirate base. I owned the colony, I had many troops there, and a mil leader, and I was not paying tribute to pirate faction owning the base. The bases were first or second stage, not the criminal network level base. Sometimes I can attack and land battle ensues. Sometimes I can't. Whats up with that?

Spacecadet -> RE: The worst thing about Steam DW so far ... (5/26/2014 8:10:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elanaagain

For me the 'worst thing' is the buggy-ness of some 'features.' Attack button greyed out. In two games I experienced a situation where my troops on a planet I owned and controlled were not allowed to attack the pirate base. I owned the colony, I had many troops there, and a mil leader, and I was not paying tribute to pirate faction owning the base. The bases were first or second stage, not the criminal network level base. Sometimes I can attack and land battle ensues. Sometimes I can't. Whats up with that?

I think you have to do this within the Colony screen, possibly under the Facilities tab.

Rosseau -> RE: The worst thing about Steam DW so far ... (5/27/2014 2:18:04 AM)

Anyone know of a way to make the messages in the top/center of the screen easier to read? The gray type is barely legible (for me). Of course, you can click on it to get the full info anyway.

Spidey -> RE: The worst thing about Steam DW so far ... (5/27/2014 1:30:50 PM)

Lower resolution will do the trick. Aside from that, I'm not aware of anything to make the news ticker easier to read.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.734375E-02