Does anyone have a phaser mod and death ray mod? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding

Antarian -> Does anyone have a phaser mod and death ray mod? (2/28/2014 6:54:35 PM)

I'd like phasers not to be bright ORANGE (yuk!) but blue-ish aka Star Trek, and I'd like Death Rays to be like the Shadows purple thin beam death rays in Bab 5.

Ardilus -> RE: Does anyone have a phaser mod and death ray mod? (2/28/2014 11:20:29 PM)

Hi Antarian. Unfortunately the phaser graphics are hard-coded into the engine and cannot be modded. I believe this will be changed in the Universe standalone expansion. As for Death Rays, the color at least is easily changed by altering the hue of ...\Distant Worlds\images\effects\weapons\beam_4.png in any image editor (I use open-source paint.net for modding DW). A modder can alter it's shape, but will not be able to convert into "beam" in that sense.

Antarian -> RE: Does anyone have a phaser mod and death ray mod? (3/2/2014 8:59:24 PM)

Thanks! Much appreciated for the response, giant space jellyfish.

Ardilus -> RE: Does anyone have a phaser mod and death ray mod? (3/3/2014 3:26:20 AM)

Check out the awesome death ray from tyrador's (excellent) gloom effects (The original link is dead. Look for the post by unclean on 2/5/2013 and find the above-mentioned beam_4.png in that package). It may be a bit hyperbolic, but I enjoy it much more than vanilla. I'll be releasing my own blaster effects set in the very near future (a few more days?), inspired by tyrador's, but very much my own interpretation. I'd love to see what you think!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.734375E-02