Stealing Super Beam Weapons (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series

Hstio1 -> Stealing Super Beam Weapons (2/17/2014 1:36:50 AM)

In a recent game I got prompted to steal Super Beam Weapons so I tried and succeeded. I went to the tech screen to see my progress and the tech isn't on the tech screen. So I tried again, and again, and again; at least a dozen times and still I didn't have the tech. I finally gave up trying. Is it possible to steal tech that well beyond your current level?

I'm using the distant worlds extended mod.

Ardilus -> RE: Stealing Super Beam Weapons (2/17/2014 2:22:15 AM)

Hi Hstio. Super weapons do not have a tech branch, but the appropriate component will be available on the design screen when these are acquired.

DeadlyShoe -> RE: Stealing Super Beam Weapons (2/17/2014 2:58:26 AM)

yes, but the RP requirements are quite high, so you have to conduct a *lot* of espionage

CyclopsSlayer -> RE: Stealing Super Beam Weapons (2/17/2014 4:24:24 AM)

Even if you couldn't select them for research it might be nice to see the progress bar. "We have advanced our understanding of Super Lasers" but by 1% or 91%?

Ardilus -> RE: Stealing Super Beam Weapons (2/17/2014 6:11:34 AM)

Didn't they used to become visible when discovered in RoTS? I remember devastator pulse hanging off the end of area weapons.

CyclopsSlayer -> RE: Stealing Super Beam Weapons (2/17/2014 1:33:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ardilus

Didn't they used to become visible when discovered in RoTS? I remember devastator pulse hanging off the end of area weapons.

Hmm, I do believe you are right. Not seen that in a very long time now. Unless I am remembering something else entirely.

Fenrisfil -> RE: Stealing Super Beam Weapons (2/18/2014 8:14:00 AM)

Ultimately I would say it's not worth it. Theoretically you could steal it, but it would probably take you the rest of the game to do so.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.757813E-02