Gerry Edwards -> Updated Public Beta Available v1.10 (2/13/2014 10:01:32 PM)
The public beta has been updated to V1.10. Please check it out, and let us know of any bugs. You can download it from the Members Club, Here.
Below is the change list.
1.10 update fixes:
- Fixed bug where tied initiative would go to whoever was last to act rather than winner of previous initiative.
- Fixed range of tripod/bipod weapons to use the correct value when packed up.
- Fixed LOS going from low-to-high areas with intervening obstacles.
- Fixed bug where weapons carried by a leader with Deadeye did not have their range modified for the actual shot.
- Walls with TM other than Stone Walls now show the correct name and TM modifier for people other than me.
- Stealth markers are now removed in Admin phase.
- New Scenario Rule: Defective Mines; mines only detonate on an even die roll when the hex is entered.
- Names & adjectives for nations Custom 1 and Custom 2 can now be specified in the scenario editor on a per-scenario basis. These will be substituted in for virtually all places in which nation names pop up, with the exceptions of the editor (to avoid confusion on duplicate names) and multiplayer lobby (since the names aren't sent over until the scenario is).
** Note: if you have modified the csv files in the /Custom directory, please rename your directory or back up the files before installing 1.09 so your changes aren't wiped out.
- Fixed mines not being removed if the removal roll was made.
- L is LOS string mode in editor now, to match in-game.
- Fixes to LOS going over obstacles at various heights.
- Custom directory support added (see notes below).
- AI should no longer target 'hidden' units with mortars, artillery, or airstrikes.
- Shaken units can no longer capture victory hexes.
- FFE markers are now properly LOS degrading terrain.
- Walls with TM other than Stone Walls now show the correct name and TM modifier.
- New Scenario Rule: Exploding Flamethrowers (from Heroes of the Blitzkrieg scenario Last Charge of the Spahis). Direct fire attacks with a flamethrower that roll a 6 basically blow up after the attack with FP 2.
- New Scenario Rule: Patrol (adapted from Heroes of Normandy scenario Tameville Breakout). Neither side may use Double Time movement until an enemy unit is spotted.
- New Scenario Rule: Fresh Snow (from Not One Step Back scenario A Bitter Holiday). Clear and Road hexes cost 2 MV for SMC/MMC counters. There are no special graphic effects for this, it assumes a suitable map background is being used.
- To add a directory to the module list, add it to the file modules.dat in the game directory.
- Directories will be read in the order they are listed in the file, duplicate ID numbers will be silently overwritten by subsequent directories. For combining directories, people will need to be a little organized and make sure unit, terrain, and sprite ID numbers are unique to each set of csvs.
- /Stalingrad will always be read last regardless of its position in the list, to avoid multiplayer tragedies.
- Scenarios can also be read out of these directories, if you want to be super organized, put your scenarios in your own directory instead of /maps.
- Sprites.csv has whole pathnames, so sprites can be placed in these directories as well if the filename in sprites.csv calls for it, but if you do that, other people will have to use the same directory name so they can be found.
- Same thing with map backgrounds. If you are making a custom map, when you add the background bmp on map info, that file could be anywhere - if you want to be super organized it could be in your custom directory, but then people need to use 'your' name for it.
Example of use:
I make a few hundred evil clown counters, because clowns are scary. I make a directory in the main game directory /Clowns. I copy over the blank .csvs from /Custom into /Clowns and start adding unit, terrain, and sprite data to those files. When I'm adding the sprites for the counter sheets, I've put all the counter bmps in /Clowns, so I enter those filenames as /Clowns/countersheet_A.bmp, etc, to sprites.csv. I've made a custom circus map background bmp, and I put that in /Clowns as well, and when I make the map in the scenario editor, when I tell it to use this new background (via Raw Map Info), I navigate up out of art/maps and to /Clowns to select it. Similarly, when I save this new scenario, I save it in /Clowns. Lastly, I add Clowns to the list of modules in modules.dat, and this monstrosity has everything it needs in one self-contained directory. I then send all my friends a giant zip of the whole /Clowns directory, telling them if they want to play it to make their own /Clowns directory, unzip everything into it, and add Clowns to their own modules.dat.
V1.08 – March 21, 2014
Fixed bug where player 2's deployable units in hotseat play would sometimes be invisible.
-Fixed nurses to no longer be allowed to Spot.
-Fixed bug with figuring which turret facing gets hit.
-Fixed snipers to no longer get special terrain bonus vs. offboard artillery.
-Fixed vehicles with a moved or fired marker to no longer be allowed to button or unbutton.
-Fixed weapon teams not being able to fire in the same impulse as units in their hex.
-Fixed Low Crawl movement to be not allowed into hexes that cost the unit's maximum move (or greater).
-Fixed bug from 1.05 where if all units exited, the game thought everyone on that side died (seen in The Escape).
-Fixed selection bug where if you had a stack selected and then picked an action where only one unit could do it, the other units could remain selected.
-Fixed units in a hex where a leader called from mortar fire to be able to fire on the same impulse.
-Fixed overlooked rule: leaders can call mortar fire into the same hex that they just did a Spot attempt on in the same impulse.
-Added some more danger checks for the AI about moving forward forces.
-Targeting cursor won't show over enemies now if the current hex (the red cursor) is out of LOS; also the pop-up text says "LOS Blocked".
-Updated Tutorial 8 (Special Movement) to not have SS units.
-Editor now locked to game rotation, LOS polygons and hexside terrain are now placed properly in that orientation, and hex text is right-side up in that orientation.
-All map polygons are now drawn when editing LOS, and whole-hex blocking terrain now draws a white polygon as a reminder that the hex doesn't need extra polygons.
-Added new number entry for units in Fixed Position in the editor; 1 = fixed indefinitely, 2+ are released to move on that # turn.
-Added new submenu on Scenario Info in editor for Scenario Rules; moved Initiative & Night Rules to be on that menu.
-Added new Scenario Rule option of Mud, this changes all clear hexes to Mud, costing 2 move points for vehicles and all non-T34s get stuck on a 2d roll of 11+ per hex. There are two settings for this option on the Scenario -Rules menu, the first overlays a mud graphic on all clear hexes, the second is rules only (it assumes the map has been drawn with mud already on it). This rule was seen/stolen from the Keeping the Door open scenario in Not One Step Back.
-Added new Scenario Rule settings for hero generation for each side: Normal, Limited (only 2 can be generated ever), Rare (needs a second roll of 1 instead of even), and None (cannot be generated at all).
-Special Scenario Rules are now listed & described at the end of the map briefing.
-New /Custom directory, where a secondary units.csv, sprites.csv, nations.csv, and terrain.csv will be loaded in addition to /Stalingrad for easier modding. Use new ID #s for new stuff, since the game will load /Custom stuff first, followed by /Stalingrad data (overwriting any conflicts) so as to prevent multiplayer sync accidents with mismatched units. The next # to use is shown in each of the files in the /Custom directory.
-Hero IDs are now gotten by searching the unit lists so adding/removing heroes, or having heroes for the custom nation slots will work correctly now.
-Renaming single-panel maps to .mpp files works again to allow them to be loaded as panels.