I've been working on the railroad (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

geofflambert -> I've been working on the railroad (2/11/2014 11:05:10 PM)

How exactly does a recon plane "HIT" a sub? Do they drop their camera on it? Will Zeiss lenses penetrate the hull?

[image]local://upfiles/37002/696895FF4FAE456290F1806105522004.jpg[/image]

witpqs -> RE: I've been working on the railroad (2/11/2014 11:12:08 PM)

PT Q-113 look like a PT boat. Any guns or other armament of any kind on that Ki-46-II Dinah?

obvert -> RE: I've been working on the railroad (2/11/2014 11:18:46 PM)

I get Dinah, Myrt and all of the non-armed recon planes hitting subs and PTs. Oh, and by the way, PTs don't actually get hit by planes with bombs either while on patrol. [;)]

wdolson -> RE: I've been working on the railroad (2/11/2014 11:21:40 PM)

I doubt anyone in this theater were using German lenses. The Japanese had their own optics companies which made their cameras and lenses.

Bill

mind_messing -> RE: I've been working on the railroad (2/11/2014 11:36:30 PM)

The pilot circled while the observer took potshots at the plane with his sidearm, duh.

He was just glad the squadron commander wasn't aboard, he'd have wanted to use his ceremonial sword instead.

Icedawg -> RE: I've been working on the railroad (2/12/2014 12:12:13 AM)

The Dinah III has a turret-mounted 7.7mm Type 89 MG. Maybe it strafed the sub?

jcjordan -> RE: I've been working on the railroad (2/12/2014 1:00:03 AM)

I think that's part misnomer as I've seen many of those w/ recon types getting a hit on a ship when on naval search. I think it's part of the programming in the search routine that the plane did get a hit but due to it not having any armament no damage would be done but if it had some kind of bomb it would have scored a hit & damaged/sunk the ship based. At least that's my thoughts on what happens when you see that msg.

geofflambert -> RE: I've been working on the railroad (2/12/2014 2:52:41 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wdolson

I doubt anyone in this theater were using German lenses. The Japanese had their own optics companies which made their cameras and lenses.

Bill

I don't believe that's correct, I think that for one thing, the Japanese night vision was in part due to Zeiss lenses, and I think it went further than that. I will investigate as soon as my opponent stops harassing me by sending me turns.

AW1Steve -> RE: I've been working on the railroad (2/12/2014 3:08:11 AM)

I'm betting "box lunches away!"[:D]

geofflambert -> RE: I've been working on the railroad (2/12/2014 3:23:16 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

A gambling man. Just make sure you don't tangle with anyone who isn't gambling.

Having said that, I have seen biscuits that could penetrate a sub's hull.

geofflambert -> RE: I've been working on the railroad (2/12/2014 3:47:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wdolson

Bill

It appears that Nippon Kogaku (later Nikon) made that equipment. While the name Nikon derives from Nippon Kogaku and Zeiss Ikon, I can find no relationship between the two companies before during or after the war (aside from patent suits) between the two companies.

AW1Steve -> RE: I've been working on the railroad (2/12/2014 3:55:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

quote:

I've dropped biscuits that could penetrate a subs hull! [:D]And of course the nastiest weapon in the USN's box lunch arsenal , old hard boiled eggs have been accused of violating multiple chemical and biologic warfare agreements! [:D][:D]

geofflambert -> RE: I've been working on the railroad (2/12/2014 5:37:02 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

I've dropped biscuits that could penetrate a subs hull! [:D]And of course the nastiest weapon in the USN's box lunch arsenal , old hard boiled eggs have been accused of violating multiple chemical and biologic warfare agreements! [:D][:D]

not on your foot I hope

AW1Steve -> RE: I've been working on the railroad (2/12/2014 10:12:08 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

not on your foot I hope

Nope. Only thing I ever dropped on my foot was a overwing hatch cover. Actually penetrated the steel toe box! [X(][:D]

pws1225 -> RE: I've been working on the railroad (2/12/2014 10:24:30 PM)

If it was from a P-3, I know those hatch covers. Is it tough walking with 9 toes?

AW1Steve -> RE: I've been working on the railroad (2/13/2014 12:24:23 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pws1225

If it was from a P-3, I know those hatch covers. Is it tough walking with 9 toes?

It was from a P-3A and the boot did it's job , but barely. The box curved down onto my foot and the boot had to be cut off, then the box cut away with heavy duty aviation snips. [X(] A few scratches , small puncture , but that was all. [:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI