Looking To Pick Up This Deal of the Week Game (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Command Ops Series

Missouri_Rebel -> Looking To Pick Up This Deal of the Week Game (11/5/2013 9:04:29 PM)

Before I do though, I,ve read that there are unresolved supply concerns. Is this true and can they be dealt with by disabling certain settings?

Thanks,
mo reb

Arjuna -> RE: Looking To Pick Up This Deal of the Week Game (11/5/2013 10:57:35 PM)

See http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3458553

Missouri_Rebel -> RE: Looking To Pick Up This Deal of the Week Game (11/5/2013 11:09:48 PM)

O.K. Thanks for the heads up and good luck with your surgery recovery. I actually had a surgery last thursday and each day the pain is just a little bit better, still way too much. Goin stir crazy being home all these days but plenty of stuff happening here to keep me busy.

I'll be buying either tonight or tomorrow morning based on your post.

Thanks again,
mo reb

Missouri_Rebel -> RE: Looking To Pick Up This Deal of the Week Game (11/6/2013 3:17:14 AM)

and done. BftB and HttR

navwarcol -> RE: Looking To Pick Up This Deal of the Week Game (11/6/2013 4:41:11 AM)

It is definitely worth the pick up. I see that you already did, welcome! lol.

Missouri_Rebel -> RE: Looking To Pick Up This Deal of the Week Game (11/6/2013 5:56:18 AM)

TY. Have HTTR fired up and am playing now. Nice looking game. If only I knew what I was doing.

Missouri_Rebel -> RE: Looking To Pick Up This Deal of the Week Game (11/6/2013 7:09:12 AM)

Shouldn't there be a recon order for recon units? What would be the correct way to order this recce unit to move up tracks quickly form up in woods shown and then recon towards possible enemy positions to try and gain strength info? I assume a delay is a delaying action that I can use to hold a line during withdrawal?

tia
mo reb

[image]local://upfiles/21148/6ABC2AA1C88E40ACA7B0CC0CA4DCA922.jpg[/image]

Missouri_Rebel -> RE: Looking To Pick Up This Deal of the Week Game (11/6/2013 7:20:34 AM)

Ah. Nevermind. I see that they are traversing in vehicles. Still, is there a recon order or is it probe I'm guessing? Probe seems more contact related.

navwarcol -> RE: Looking To Pick Up This Deal of the Week Game (11/6/2013 8:33:51 AM)

For recon I use move, and just use short distances, with aggressiveness, ROF, and losses all the way down so that they will not decisively engage. Probe probably works the same.

captskillet -> RE: Looking To Pick Up This Deal of the Week Game (11/6/2013 9:47:07 AM)

MoReb, I usually do a probe with aggro, loses, etc set at min.

Missouri_Rebel -> RE: Looking To Pick Up This Deal of the Week Game (11/6/2013 3:58:42 PM)

Thanks for the suggestions. I need to read up on this baby. Plus, I am burnt out of my current game system. Need a break.

Missouri_Rebel -> RE: Looking To Pick Up This Deal of the Week Game (11/6/2013 4:43:05 PM)

I wish those dang counters got a wee bit bigger as I zoomed in. Would help these middle aged eyes, which are much worse than older eyes. Right now Im still in the no glasses denial stage.

jimcarravall -> RE: Looking To Pick Up This Deal of the Week Game (11/6/2013 6:19:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel

I wish those dang counters got a wee bit bigger as I zoomed in. Would help these middle aged eyes, which are much worse than older eyes. Right now Im still in the no glasses denial stage.

[:D]

From my perspective, TOAW was the standard for YGIG simulation of operational combat issues.

In BftB, if you hit the "tilde" button (~), the unit displays become less intrusive on the observed terrain at the expense of less defined on map administrative information. Once you've reduced the unit size, it becomes imperative that the left side of the screen be used to command and control your units.

Requires more clicks, but provides a better view of map, and combat information.

wodin -> RE: Looking To Pick Up This Deal of the Week Game (11/6/2013 7:12:42 PM)

MR been wearing glasses since I was 9..don't fear them..plus you can get some real trendy ones these days.

Missouri_Rebel -> RE: Looking To Pick Up This Deal of the Week Game (11/6/2013 7:48:34 PM)

Well the game is interesting, especially this battle. I have so many games and not enough time to play, Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm being one of them. I bought AJE Parthian Wars, but the text is too dang small to enjoy the great map.

I'm not too trendy. I'd probably buy the wood framed glasses.

Max 86 -> RE: Looking To Pick Up This Deal of the Week Game (11/7/2013 5:01:34 PM)

Is there future expansions coming with this series? a commitment from the developers for the future?

Arjuna -> RE: Looking To Pick Up This Deal of the Week Game (11/7/2013 9:39:14 PM)

Yes we currently have the following projects in the pipeline.

- Cmd Ops 1 (BFTB) new patch
- Cmd Ops 2 with a swag of new features
- Med Pack (Crete, Malta, North Africa et al)
- KOAD Pack (Knock on All Doors - the original German Staff Plan for the Bulge, large maps and forces)
- West Wall Pack (West Wall battles 1944/45)
- Legends Pack (France 1940, platoon line units)
- East Front 1 Pack (Battles along the Chir post Stalingrad)
- East Front 2 Pack (Drive on Stalingrad from Don to Volga)

budd -> RE: Looking To Pick Up This Deal of the Week Game (11/7/2013 11:14:08 PM)

ever decide anything concrete about how you are going to roll them out yet?

Arjuna -> RE: Looking To Pick Up This Deal of the Week Game (11/7/2013 11:54:38 PM)

Shot answer is that we'll be releasing the packs and the engine separately. As to pricing and upgrade policy well I have received a lot of feedback from users about how they would hate for it to be done a certain way for X reasons. There seems just as many X reasons for each option canvassed. I need to focus on this and decide soon. I'm sure that no matter what option I choose I will be berated by some users. Such is life. So I think I'll choose the one that makes my life the easiest and be done with it.

budd -> RE: Looking To Pick Up This Deal of the Week Game (11/8/2013 12:35:41 AM)

you can't please all the people all the time...don't sweat it life's too short.

I'm happy as hell with my war game choices at the moment, Got Command Ops BFTB/HTTR & flashpoint campaigns....... what do i have to complain about[:D]

wodin -> RE: Looking To Pick Up This Deal of the Week Game (11/8/2013 12:02:34 PM)

budd..for me the best games in the Slitherine stable;)

PirateJock -> RE: Looking To Pick Up This Deal of the Week Game (11/8/2013 2:48:18 PM)

+1 ... may even have to change my signature ;)

Max 86 -> RE: Looking To Pick Up This Deal of the Week Game (11/8/2013 3:13:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arjuna

Yes we currently have the following projects in the pipeline.

- Cmd Ops 1 (BFTB) new patch
- Cmd Ops 2 with a swag of new features
- Med Pack (Crete, Malta, North Africa et al)
- KOAD Pack (Knock on All Doors - the original German Staff Plan for the Bulge, large maps and forces)
- West Wall Pack (West Wall battles 1944/45)
- Legends Pack (France 1940, platoon line units)
- East Front 1 Pack (Battles along the Chir post Stalingrad)
- East Front 2 Pack (Drive on Stalingrad from Don to Volga)

Thanks for the news. Your response plus Wodin, **budd** and Pirate Jock (my Combat Command compadres) endorsements have convinced me to go for both of these while on sale. 2014 is going to be a busy gaming year for me, bought WitP last week! Scared to see what is next weeks sale, I won't have any Christmas money if this keeps up. [:D]

PJ, you can't change your sig. Keep up the fight for Combat Command! [:D]

wodin -> RE: Looking To Pick Up This Deal of the Week Game (11/8/2013 4:42:48 PM)

Bil's Legends, Med Pack and the two East front games are must buys for me. Though you really do need patience if a fan of this series:)

PirateJock -> RE: Looking To Pick Up This Deal of the Week Game (11/8/2013 5:03:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Max 86
PJ, you can't change your sig. Keep up the fight for Combat Command! [:D]

[:D] - I will consider carefully before doing anything drastic.

As to question about developer's commitment - I'd say Dave and his team's support for the title is second to none.

Cheers

budd -> RE: Looking To Pick Up This Deal of the Week Game (11/9/2013 5:06:40 AM)

AAAAAAA.....Combat command...the good ol days[;)] I really like the phase game play, an underrated game for sure and i still have alot of unplayed scenario's to get to. You made a wise move Max86,i hope you enjoy the command ops games as much as i do. I seem to be moving away from games where i have to move dozens of counters every turn, might be a time allotment thing. Command ops and flashpoint campaigns are unique games with great support and good AI's. Command ops AI is the best i've played, especially the friendly AI.It's nice to give orders and see them carried out competently by your friendly AI. Command Ops and flashpoint just "feel right" in alot of ways especially the fun factor[:D] .....looking forward to more from both developers.

Werewolf13 -> RE: Looking To Pick Up This Deal of the Week Game (11/9/2013 5:09:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arjuna

Shot answer is that we'll be releasing the packs and the engine separately. As to pricing and upgrade policy well I have received a lot of feedback from users about how they would hate for it to be done a certain way for X reasons. There seems just as many X reasons for each option canvassed. I need to focus on this and decide soon. I'm sure that no matter what option I choose I will be berated by some users. Such is life. So I think I'll choose the one that makes my life the easiest and be done with it.

From a purely business POV - pick the option that makes you the most money. Because 1) you deserve if for producing one of the best wargames for PC available and 2) so you can keep 'em coming!

Qwixt -> RE: Looking To Pick Up This Deal of the Week Game (11/9/2013 8:09:04 PM)

Not that I have time for another game, but I have been watching this series for years. I don't think the xmas sale even approaches this price. Now to decide whether to grab httr too.

Tophat1815 -> RE: Looking To Pick Up This Deal of the Week Game (11/9/2013 11:04:27 PM)

Looking to pickup HTTR in a few hrs myself. Nope finished downloading.

BeastieDog -> RE: Looking To Pick Up This Deal of the Week Game (11/9/2013 11:28:15 PM)

Added this one to Red Storm and World in Flames. Hope the wife doesn't leave me this winter.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
4.101563E-02