Question on CS---CVL Conversion (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding

John 3rd -> Question on CS---CVL Conversion (7/15/2013 6:49:16 PM)

Some of you know that I am having issues with Reluctant Admiral's handling of the Japanese CS---CVL Conversions. When I worked on them the only change made was to make Mizuho come in as Chitose Class CVL. Each of the three CS get their own Organic Air Group. In the Mod, the screenshot showed the two Floatplane Daitai and then the Zero--Kate replacements.

CVL Mizuho just arrived in Dan and I's game and it appeared without its Zeros and Kates. I checked and found nothing APPARENTLY wrong. Does anyone have any suggestions? Will Post a screenshot in just a minute.

John 3rd -> Question on CS---CVL Conversion (7/15/2013 6:54:12 PM)

Screenshot:

[image]local://upfiles/18041/993C3FD348CA4497A1EA1E9EAA3FED1D.jpg[/image]

Sardaukar -> RE: Question on CS---CVL Conversion (7/15/2013 7:14:37 PM)

Aren't you exceeding the air capacity of the ship with those air units?

Symon -> RE: Question on CS---CVL Conversion (7/15/2013 7:40:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: John 3rd
Some of you know that I am having issues with Reluctant Admiral's handling of the Japanese CS---CVL Conversions. When I worked on them the only change made was to make Mizuho come in as Chitose Class CVL. Each of the three CS get their own Organic Air Group. In the Mod, the screenshot showed the two Floatplane Daitai and then the Zero--Kate replacements.

CVL Mizuho just arrived in Dan and I's game and it appeared without its Zeros and Kates. I checked and found nothing APPARENTLY wrong. Does anyone have any suggestions? Will Post a screenshot in just a minute.

Several possible sources of conflict that will make the engine confused (so it does nothing). Technical stuff and detailed so not something for the thread. I'll send you a pm. This one is really a witch, so let's include Stan. After we're done you can post whatever things you think are relevant.

Ciao. JWE

your storage is full, so no pm. Maybe you can send me an email or something [8D]

sandman455 -> RE: Question on CS---CVL Conversion (7/15/2013 8:01:06 PM)

Not really sure at all, but here are two observations from the last download I have of the RA scenario (4.0 I think):

1. You have a name change going on with the initial Mizuho air groups. I donít think you want that.

2. Perhaps more significant is that you are not using the Return As feature on either of the Mizuho groups. If you look at other CVL conversion air groups, like Chiyoda and Chitose, theyíre seaplane air groups are using this field for the new groups of A6Mís and B6Nís.

Hope it helps.

John 3rd -> RE: Question on CS---CVL Conversion (7/16/2013 11:32:52 PM)

Gonna try to work on this tonight and see if there is a way to fix it.

inqistor -> RE: Question on CS---CVL Conversion (7/20/2013 9:44:13 AM)

Yup, check how it is done in game.

IIRC those are the same groups, and they have some strange Delay.

I made the same thing with Shinano floatplane groups converting into CV groups, and it worked, when done exactly as in original Scenarios.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.148438E-02