Scrapping fighters (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support

feelotraveller -> Scrapping fighters (7/11/2013 10:28:33 AM)

PROBLEM: Scrapping fighters currently results in those fighters being added to the 'ships lost' count for victory conditions.

REQUEST: Could this be changed please? [sm=innocent0001.gif]

A more detailed explantion. I currently manually control all my fighter building. When I discover new fighter technology I must therefore scrap all the old fighters of the appropriate type (fiighter/bomber). Any fighter which has already at least started building (=/= queued with 0% progress) gets added to the ships lost count for victory conditions. This means that each technology upgrade adds approximately 50% of the fighter total of my empire to the 'lost ship' count. I am playing a human empire (= victory condition to destroy more ships than I lose) and in a general thematic following their preferences for fighters and beams (although I will switch out missiles for torpedoes). The fighter scrapping is making it extremely unlikely that I will be able to meet this victory condition. I do not understand why scrapping fighters out of combat should have this effect, it's not like I have the option to retire them.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Scrapping fighters (7/29/2013 9:36:20 PM)

Thanks, we'll fix this up.

elliotg -> RE: Scrapping fighters (8/1/2013 4:14:36 AM)

Hi feelotraveller

I have not been able to reproduce this problem. Manually scrapping fighters does not increase the Ships Lost count in the victory conditions.

If you can prove me wrong on this, please upload a savegame and some detailed instructions explaining how this happened for you [:)]

Thanks,
Elliot

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.660156E-02