A template bug is back (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series

Falokis -> A template bug is back (6/15/2013 7:33:53 PM)

A few builds ago, bombard weapons from templates would get combined into torpedoes on the produced ships. That was patched and works perfect now. I'm not sure if it was the latest patch, but missiles and and torpedoes from templates seem to get combined into torpedoes on the produced ships now.

Falokis -> RE: A template bug is back (6/15/2013 8:03:53 PM)

edit - it only seems to do this if the tech of torpedoes is much more advanced. I guess the AI is trying to be efficient, but I'd prefer it not interchange two different class of weapons.

Shark7 -> RE: A template bug is back (6/15/2013 11:07:12 PM)

IIRC, if you have a tech that is 2 or more levels above the other, then it will use the more advanced tech. So I believe this is working as intended.

Astax -> RE: A template bug is back (6/15/2013 11:34:00 PM)

Someone help me perhaps... what is the proper setting if I want my designs upgraded with newer components but not changed? Every time I design custom minign stations the shtako ai ruins it!

Ob1ivion -> RE: A template bug is back (6/16/2013 12:55:59 AM)

I use the "automatically upgrade" to change the components to latest ones. As far as I've noticed they don't change anything else. It usually keeps the number of components too so I go in and manually lower reactors and stuff if needed. That's key though, always go back and check.

Falokis -> RE: A template bug is back (6/16/2013 3:53:54 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shark7

IIRC, if you have a tech that is 2 or more levels above the other, then it will use the more advanced tech. So I believe this is working as intended.
You are probably correct.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Astax

Someone help me perhaps... what is the proper setting if I want my designs upgraded with newer components but not changed? Every time I design custom minign stations the shtako ai ruins it!
Are you designing it in-game or with the race templates outside the game?

Astax -> RE: A template bug is back (6/16/2013 4:15:24 AM)

In game

Falokis -> RE: A template bug is back (6/16/2013 4:21:29 AM)

C:\Matrix Games\Distant Worlds\designTemplates\<race you are trying to edit>

Edit the text file for the ship or station. Add in the number of each component you would like it to have, then save the changes. Start the game. The AI should automatically build and upgrade your ship/station based on your template and in-game level of tech.

Note- it will omit components you haven't researched and will choose your upgraded components based on your design focus in your policy. For example, Raw power will make the AI pick harder hitting weapons over the more efficient option.

Astax -> RE: A template bug is back (6/16/2013 4:32:01 AM)

Cool I'll give it a try.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.929688E-02