Possible to port older games to Iphone/smartphone? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Xakoro -> Possible to port older games to Iphone/smartphone? (8/12/2012 5:10:44 PM)

Last night I was sorting through my old stuff and found my old pc from my high school days. I got it working and found my old copy of highway to the reich, mid campaign and working beautifully.
Having spent the entire night playing it and relearning the ropes in a fit of nostalgia, I realise my Iphone (or something similar) can probably run it without any problems.
So I submit to you guys the question; Is it feasible to port some of Matrix Games' older titles to a smartphone?
I know I'd buy it.

pelle75 -> RE: Possible to port older games to Iphone/smartphone? (8/20/2012 6:50:17 AM)

As I understand it from older threads, most wargames have been developed for Windows in ways that make them very difficult to port to any other platform. Full of Windows-specific code.

All the UNIX+OpenGL-based platforms (OSX, iOS, Android, desktop-Linux...) are quite similar, and porting between them is no big deal, but Windows is odd (and deliberately so; Microsoft do not want developers to be able to easily support also other platforms).

slam75 -> RE: Possible to port older games to Iphone/smartphone? (8/23/2012 7:56:30 PM)

MAY BE POSSIBLE BUT I DON,T KNOW MUCH ABOUT THIS

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI