Planet invasion bugs. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support

ASHBERY76 -> Planet invasion bugs. (8/4/2012 10:57:10 AM)

You invade a planet and your allies invade that same planet too.The larger Allied force claimed the planet and then my forces became his forces.My army commander vanished also.

ehsumrell1 -> RE: Planet invasion bugs. (8/4/2012 12:39:30 PM)

Wow...I'm curious Ash, was this a 'independent' race planet or a 'enemy' (as in war declared) colony.
Also, what was your allies' relationship, free trade agreement, MDP?
Finally, whose force arrived at the planet first and do you have a savegame of this you
can upload to the FTP for Elliot to look at? [&:]

Also, what version are you running?

ASHBERY76 -> RE: Planet invasion bugs. (8/4/2012 12:49:29 PM)

Latest beta.We had a MDP and were attcking a 'enemy'.I arrived first.No save.

ehsumrell1 -> RE: Planet invasion bugs. (8/4/2012 1:17:41 PM)

Thanks, I'll see if I can replicate a scenario like that and see if I can
duplicate what happened. Was your game 'Vanilla' Legends, or are you running
any mods? Also, what's your OS?
...and what races were involved?

Arcatus -> RE: Planet invasion bugs. (8/4/2012 1:26:12 PM)

I can confirm this behavior, though in my scenario I had the largest force, so after the hostiles were conquered i gained control of the remainder of the other invading troops.

I were not allied with the other invaders.

ASHBERY76 -> RE: Planet invasion bugs. (8/4/2012 2:28:53 PM)

It has been an issue since release.The code only allows attacker and defender.

Arcatus -> RE: Planet invasion bugs. (8/4/2012 6:50:45 PM)

Only attackers and defenders is (imho) fine, if attackers start to fight among themselves the defenders can just sit back and enjoy the fireworks.

It is what to do after the planet is conquered that could need some improvement. Maybe an automatic revolt?

ehsumrell1 -> RE: Planet invasion bugs. (8/4/2012 7:21:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arcatus

Only attackers and defenders is (imho) fine, if attackers start to fight among themselves the defenders can just sit back and enjoy the fireworks.

It is what to do after the planet is conquered that could need some improvement. Maybe an automatic revolt?

Back in a previous version I remember that Elliot addressed a problem where there were revolts
(more often then not) after a planet invasion. But it was repaired by recoding so the planet's
tax rate was reset to zero after the successful invasion. Must be something going on in this area. [&:]

I'm sure he'll take a look! [8D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI