Engines (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding

treespider -> Engines (5/8/2012 10:20:15 PM)

Is it possible to introduce additional Engine devices over and above the 11 existing types?

DD696 -> RE: Engines (5/8/2012 10:46:40 PM)

I don't see why you couldn't. An engine is simply another device that can have a fixed production rate or a factory set to produce it, and devices can vary as to airframe, but I always leave the true answers to those who actually worked on the game design (such as yourself). I like and appreciate your ideas/work and glad to see you active again. Using DaBabes as your base is a great improvement over stock.

Edit: They have so many hidden fields whose function is unknown, and even those fields that are known the functions are not explained adequately anywhere means that a modder can never know what the results of his changes are going to be. You make the change, then take your chances - for better or worse.

Captain Cruft -> RE: Engines (5/8/2012 10:47:52 PM)

I'm fairly sure that you can. RHS seems to have about 5,000 different types ..

ckammp -> RE: Engines (5/9/2012 3:01:27 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: treespider

Is it possible to introduce additional Engine devices over and above the 11 existing types?

Yes, it is possible.
There are restrictions on Industry devices and Support squad devices, but not on Engine devices.

michaelm75au -> RE: Engines (5/9/2012 9:53:05 AM)

The various displays for engines is limited to 20 engines.
It might work for more engines but some displays may not work as expected.

treespider -> RE: Engines (5/9/2012 1:25:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

The various displays for engines is limited to 20 engines.
It might work for more engines but some displays may not work as expected.

Thanks Michael!!! 20 should be more than sufficient for my purposes.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.953125E-02