RE: What Book Are You Reading at the moment? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Orm -> RE: What Book Are You Reading at the moment? (6/15/2021 3:38:01 PM)

Been reading a book about what took place in the Katyn forest. And about the lies, and political play that followed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katyn_massacre

Mishalk1 -> RE: What Book Are You Reading at the moment? (6/18/2021 3:16:53 AM)

If you have Audible, I would recommend collecting the audio book. The narrator has a terrific sense of comedy and a perfect deadpan of sarcasm. Probably the best audio book I've ever heard about.

UrbanKelly -> RE: What Book Are You Reading at the moment? (6/23/2021 1:48:50 PM)

I start reading Ulysses by Irish writer James Joyce. I tried to read this modernist novel several times already, but the maximum reached the third chapter. This time I want to read to the end, no matter how long it takes me.

TulliusDetritus -> RE: What Book Are You Reading at the moment? (6/23/2021 5:31:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: UrbanKelly

I start reading Ulysses by Irish writer James Joyce.

Ah, a true XX century classic. I read it when I was 15 or 16 IIRC. I might reread it now that you mention it.

I really liked the biography about Goebbels by [German historian] Peter Longerich. I plan to read his biography about Himmler too. But now starting How China Escaped Shock Therapy by Isabella M. Weber.

76mm -> RE: What Book Are You Reading at the moment? (6/23/2021 5:41:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm
Been reading a book about what took place in the Katyn forest. And about the lies, and political play that followed.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mishalk1
If you have Audible, I would recommend collecting the audio book. The narrator has a terrific sense of comedy and a perfect deadpan of sarcasm. Probably the best audio book I've ever heard about.

Wow, he must be comic gold if he can make a book about Katyn funny. What's next, a book about Jack the Ripper?

warspite1 -> RE: What Book Are You Reading at the moment? (6/23/2021 5:57:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: 76mm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mishalk1

Wow, he must be comic gold if he can make a book about Katyn funny. What's next, a book about Jack the Ripper?
warspite1

...except he was responding to Titanwarrior89 and not Orm

Nihilist_Militant -> RE: What Book Are You Reading at the moment? (6/23/2021 6:14:42 PM)

Weird Tales magazine

76mm -> RE: What Book Are You Reading at the moment? (6/23/2021 6:15:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

You mean he really wasn't referring to a book about Katyn? Color me shocked.

warspite1 -> RE: What Book Are You Reading at the moment? (6/23/2021 6:23:46 PM)

quote:

quote:

warspite1

No, no he wasn't.

Orm -> RE: What Book Are You Reading at the moment? (6/23/2021 6:47:06 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

No, no he wasn't.

Yea. The book about Katyn, and the afterplay, wasn't funny. Anger, and/or sadness, was mostly what I felt when reading the book. So, no. No fun.

Greybriar -> RE: What Book Are You Reading at the moment? (6/24/2021 9:27:44 PM)

Inside Hitler's Bunker: The Last Days of the Third Reich by Joachim C. Fest.

warspite1 -> RE: What Book Are You Reading at the moment? (6/27/2021 6:47:54 AM)

I should be reading my WITE2 manual, but....

Italian Battleships is just such a good book. Seriously, if you are in any way interested in naval warfare - and the War In The Mediterranean in particular - then you should get this book.

nYn -> RE: What Book Are You Reading at the moment? (6/27/2021 10:22:42 AM)

The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich - William L. Shirer

jack54 -> RE: What Book Are You Reading at the moment? (6/30/2021 1:21:17 AM)

60% through Orbital by FxHolden

3rd book in the Future War series. Following Bering Strait snd Okinawa.

Near future political military thillers. [:)]

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/53470428-orbital

samrich -> RE: What Book Are You Reading at the moment? (7/19/2021 11:10:55 AM)

I'm reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Greybriar -> RE: What Book Are You Reading at the moment? (7/25/2021 5:50:33 PM)

I am currently reading The Rape Of Nanking: The Forgotten Holocaust Of World War II by Iris Chang.

Page: <<   < prev  99 100 101 102 [103]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
3.613281E-02