RE: Research Guide (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> The War Room

szabferi -> RE: Research Guide (9/5/2012 10:44:19 AM)

In another topic we discussed the math behind the magic (cant post the link for a reason, the topic name is Research screen - please help me understand the numbers )

In the 6th comment I created a little spreadsheet... that may make the whole research calculation clear:

- capacity ABOVE the potential (sum of the capacity of the 3 areas > potential) just alters the weight of the area, but wont yield any extra
- research bonuses applied after the base research potential assigned to an area.

jpinard -> RE: Research Guide (9/5/2012 11:20:38 AM)

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3170698&mpage=1�

This is the thread you mentioned. I think your post count is too low or maybe you're a new member? Reading through it nowh [:)]

Nedrear -> RE: Research Guide (9/5/2012 12:24:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jpinard

In my last game I kept finding bonus spots to build weapons research platforms. By mid game I had 5. So should I have not built the extras since I only had 1 hi-tech and 1 construction research centers?

Only the highest research bonus counts. Therefore if you got a 13%, a 7%, a 23%, a 11% and a 15% spot, your main defense priority is the 23%. The others are just labs at that time. Only the highest bonus is used. It will NOT be accumulated.

jpinard -> RE: Research Guide (9/5/2012 3:40:57 PM)

Thanks! Less stuff to manage is good :)

Nedrear -> RE: Research Guide (9/5/2012 5:03:11 PM)

You still might wish to "keep" them. A lab might be useless, but in case of a planet outside your borders you might wish to occupy it with a mine to prevent the enemy from taking advantage.

jpinard -> RE: Research Guide (9/6/2012 1:08:27 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nedrear

You still might wish to "keep" them. A lab might be useless, but in case of a planet outside your borders you might wish to occupy it with a mine to prevent the enemy from taking advantage.

Oh, excellent thought!

hfl13 -> RE: Research Guide (5/6/2013 12:06:16 PM)

Against the advice with one space station and only one specialiced research station at the best location I built a few more to deny these favorite locations to other races and to have backup if something happens to my numer one lab (disaster, war).

Sirian -> RE: Research Guide (5/6/2013 1:19:32 PM)

I don't think they can be denied to the opponent as I have seen multiple research labs of different empires at the same research location.

hfl13 -> RE: Research Guide (5/6/2013 1:53:43 PM)

Can they really built research stations in my systems?

Sirian -> RE: Research Guide (5/6/2013 2:13:13 PM)

They cannot build mines or research stations in your sphere of influence (colored blobls around your colonies, needs Legends expansions) I am not so sure about listening posts. At neutral research sites, any number of empires may build a research station.

Fishers of Men -> RE: Research Guide (5/6/2013 9:16:42 PM)

Every empire in Distant World is allowed to build resorts and research stations close to neutron stars or black holes at the same time. Only one empire may build at a planet or moon location. To build a resort or research station in another empire's zone of influence, they need mining rights from them.

I construct multiple sites of each research type to have backups if one gets destroyed. But only your best location is used in the calculation of research points.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI