I'm sure it is working as intended and (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865

Gilmer -> I'm sure it is working as intended and (10/8/2011 9:16:43 PM)

documented somewhere, but I really don't like some things about the game. I was producing a fort in Kansas and before I could get a unit inside, the South attacked into the region and captured the fort.

So, anyway, they were besieging Topeka or whatever and I moved my main West army in to stop the siege. Siege broken and the opposing army is gone, but the fort is occupied. I did not have time to siege the fort so I set the army to move out and break all the other sieges all over the West. Can't. Army seems to be frozen in the region. So, now the other sieges are actually successful for the South because I wasted several turns trying to get out of Kansas.

bugwar -> Mystified (10/9/2011 1:21:22 AM)

I had no idea that units would freeze. I will watch this thread to see how it plays out.
Good luck.

[&:]

Gilmer -> RE: Mystified (10/9/2011 7:25:06 PM)

It possibly is something along the lines of A fort in the region keeps you from moving through, but I would think a fairly large army wouldn't be pinned by one unit in a fort.

Gil R. -> RE: Mystified (11/13/2011 8:02:34 PM)

I didn't have an explanation the first time I read this, but now it occurs to me that perhaps it was winter? If winter movement rules are toggled on then that would explain being stuck in a place for a few turns, I believe.

bugwar -> Fighting Against General Snow Storm (11/13/2011 9:31:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gil R.

I didn't have an explanation the first time I read this, but now it occurs to me that perhaps it was winter? If winter movement rules are toggled on then that would explain being stuck in a place for a few turns, I believe.

Good point.

Gilmer, were the movement arrows black?

[&:]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI