fires? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

freeboy -> fires? (4/21/2011 5:43:10 AM)

I remember seeing fires in cities, but I just did a naval bombardment of a base in sra, Makasar, with some CA's and had almost 200 fires erupt??? is that normal?
I have played several games to completion and do not remember seeing this?

witpqs -> RE: fires? (4/21/2011 6:04:07 AM)

I've been seeing it. I've seen it on the opening Pearl Harbor raids, too.

championzhao -> RE: fires? (4/21/2011 6:38:49 AM)

Fires value represent?
[&:]

witpqs -> RE: fires? (4/21/2011 7:31:15 AM)

AFAIK literal fires that continue doing damage until they are out.

bbbf -> RE: fires? (4/21/2011 8:07:29 AM)

200 fires is like a few matches burning!

Bullwinkle58 -> RE: fires? (4/21/2011 1:15:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

AFAIK literal fires that continue doing damage until they are out.

In City attacks don't they hurt the Manpower and HI numbers? In a base attack I'd always supposed they just ate up a few supply points (or one.) For me they're pretty rare events outside City attacks.

Rob Brennan UK -> RE: fires? (4/21/2011 5:01:36 PM)

Ive been on the receiving end of a lot of Japanese city attacks in china that produce some high fire numbers. they do seem to hurt HI/resources and manpower but slowly. how much is destroyed by bombs or fires i can't tell, but 20000+ fires just has to hurt. [;)]

NB the bombers were on regular city attack not targeting specific industry.

witpqs -> RE: fires? (4/21/2011 6:14:26 PM)

Yeah, I thought they had a chance of damaging anything in the hex. Whether that "anything" included only resource/industry (anything that makes anything) or also included port, air service, runway, port supply, airfield supply, repair shipyard I just don't know.

inqistor -> RE: fires? (4/21/2011 7:10:39 PM)

That was added in latest official patch. Now ships can target all industry in target base.
I think, it was changed together with manual range of bombardment.

freeboy -> RE: fires? (4/21/2011 9:53:27 PM)

I was using a fat moving naval group to bombard, and that stated the fires... seeing fires from bombardment was new.. and news! great.. lets go and bombard the home Isles now! lol [:-]

Rob Brennan UK -> RE: fires? (4/22/2011 3:24:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: freeboy

I was using a fat moving naval group to bombard, and that stated the fires... seeing fires from bombardment was new.. and news! great.. lets go and bombard the home Isles now! lol [:-]

OR watch out USA West coast [;)]

freeboy -> RE: fires? (4/22/2011 6:52:15 PM)

I would be the happiest pof people if my oponent NOW used used his fleets in a kamikazi attac kon teh west, but in 42 that may have been possible..
edit above fast moving not fat moving.. holy cow thats funny.... like some kind of  weight lose diet or pill.. the new fat moving naval group..
at least I found it funny...

Zeta16 -> RE: fires? (4/22/2011 8:54:43 PM)

I don't even remember if there were fires or not there, as you saw nothing of importance was at the base. Come bombard Toyko, I have no ships there to defend it

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.953125E-02