Matrix Store - No SSL!!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers

pad152 -> Matrix Store - No SSL!!!! (3/23/2011 10:39:39 PM)

Something is wrong with the Matrix Store, it's no longer using SSL, it allows personal and credit card to be sent in the clear!!!

Sometimes you get an error message but, if you click on try again it allows to enter all of your info with no SSL verification, no https, no browser lock!!!

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to plimus.matrixgames.com.

(Error code: ssl_error_rx_unexpected_new_session_ticket)

The page you are trying to view can not be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.

* Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem.

uncc -> RE: Matrix Store - No SSL!!!! (3/23/2011 10:48:24 PM)

see this thread

pad152 -> RE: Matrix Store - No SSL!!!! (3/23/2011 10:57:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: uncc

see this thread

Sorry but, not good enough, first it doesn't mention anything about an error message and second, it's just bad design to allow someone to enter credit card info with out a SSL connection/browser lock! It doesn't matter what type of connection there is between Matrix and Plimus, the SSL connection between the customer's web browser and the Matrix web store is not secure (non-encrypted).

https://matrixgames.com/store/buynow.asp - doesn't work!!!

parusski -> RE: Matrix Store - No SSL!!!! (3/24/2011 1:54:40 AM)

I have bought nearly every game Matrix has produced and never had a problem(never thought much about it either). I made my first purchase on the net in 95, from Amazon of course, and during all those years I have never suffered a financial loss. Over the last seven years nearly everything I own has been bought online. Not to say people should not be careful, but I started my IT career in network security and most of you should relax a little.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Matrix Store - No SSL!!!! (3/24/2011 2:14:42 AM)

The store is secure. The error you saw is a bug in Firefox that we're told will be fixed with Firefox 4. It does not affect store security. Please read this FAQ:

http://www.matrixgames.com/support/faq.asp?id=24

pad152 -> RE: Matrix Store - No SSL!!!! (3/24/2011 3:58:26 AM)

Erik I'll take your word on it but, I still don't understand why I didn't get these errors before (last order in January) or why I can't get a https connection with your store.

Update:

I tried to place my order and it failed with the following message, this one is different than the original one.

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to www.plimus.com.

SSL received an unexpected Server Key Exchange handshake message.

(Error code: ssl_error_rx_unexpected_server_key_exch)

Erik Rutins -> RE: Matrix Store - No SSL!!!! (3/24/2011 4:48:24 AM)

pad152,

I've only seen that with Firefox and it's quite intermittent in our testing. If you are seeing it on a regular basis, please e-mail me at erikr@matrixgames.com and we can troubleshoot further.

Regards,

- Erik

pad152 -> RE: Matrix Store - No SSL!!!! (3/24/2011 5:24:08 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

pad152,

I've only seen that with Firefox and it's quite intermittent in our testing. If you are seeing it on a regular basis, please e-mail me at erikr@matrixgames.com and we can troubleshoot further.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik

Email sent, I see the errors any time I select an item in your store and crashed during order processing my current order, I opened a trouble ticket. I'm using SeaMonkey 2.0.12 one of the Mozilla browsers with both SSL V3 and TSL enabled.

pad152 -> RE: Matrix Store - No SSL!!!! (3/24/2011 5:29:41 PM)

Eric

Update: I finally got my download load link, downloading now, I also got SSL and server errors when looking up my order info from the Plimus site.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.953125E-02