Updated WitE manual! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

Apollo11 -> Updated WitE manual! (2/28/2011 9:43:33 AM)

Hi all,

Matrix has allowed me to create updated manual for WitE!

This is still, of course, depending on final Matrix approval but, as Erik told Joel, if the document is professional looking and up to standard all should be OK. [:)]

Why am I doing this?

There were some inevitable small mistakes in original manual release (we all, Allan - the manual creator, ALPHA/BETA testers and 2By3 read it many times but things like that always happen) and there are post release stream of continuous enhancements / improvements and bug fixes.

IMHO this all warrants updated WitE manual because searching through both manual (which is beautiful and big) and ReadMe with all changes in every update is not that easy to do when things pile up...

I envision the updated manual as simple searchable / linkable PDF (European A4 or US Letter size) with all text and accompanying screenshoots but without background images (for easier reading and printing)!

So... I would like to ask you all to write up all sighted things / mistakes that you think should be changed for updated manual in thread:

"Manual reference error" in subforum "Tech Support"!

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2658772

Many thanks to all who already put their comments there!

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.
When WitE ALPHA/BETA started Rafael Junguito "rjh1971" was in charge of manual. It was monumental task to "catch" all the rules and information with new stuff coming in rapid order. In autumn of 2009 I took over and created basic TOC (that is still in use) and put all things that Rafael collected into appropriate "compartments". Since both Rafael and I are not native English speakers and were not professional manual writers (and Joel Billings was doing so many other things in addition to adding chapters to manual) Allan Berke "Bapek" took over and created the beautiful manual that we have right now. It was tremendously huge and demanding job and I think Al made one of the greatest manual in Matrix game collection. It was absolutely superb job!

[&o]

warspite1 -> RE: Updated WitE manual! (2/28/2011 10:24:14 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

This is still, of course, depending on final Matrix approval but, as Erik told Joel, if the document is professional looking and up to standard all should be OK. [:)]

Why am I doing this?

There were some inevitable small mistakes in original manual release (we all, Allan - the manual creator, ALPHA/BETA testers and 2By3 read it many times but things like that always happen) and there are post release stream of continuous enhancements / improvements and bug fixes.

IMHO this all warrants updated WitE manual because searching through both manual (which is beautiful and big) and ReadMe with all changes in every update is not that easy to do when things pile up...

I envision the updated manual as simple searchable / linkable PDF (European A4 or US Letter size) with all text and accompanying screenshoots but without background images (for easier reading and printing)!

So... I would like to ask you all to write up all sighted things / mistakes that you think should be changed for updated manual in thread:

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.
When WitE ALPHA/BETA started Rafael Junguito "rjh1971" was in charge of manual. It was monumental task to "catch" all the rules and information with new stuff coming in rapid order. In autumn of 2009 I took over and created basic TOC (that is still in use) and put all things that Rafael collected into appropriate "compartments". Since both Rafael and I are not native English speakers and were not professional manual writers (and Joel Billings was doing so many other things in addition to adding chapters to manual) Allan Berke "Bapek" took over and created the beautiful manual that we have right now. It was tremendously huge and demanding job and I think Al made one of the greatest manual in Matrix game collection. It was absolutely superb job!

[&o]
Warspite1

Excellent news - thanks Leo [:)]

Cavalry Corp -> RE: Updated WitE manual! (2/28/2011 3:13:07 PM)

If you could do this for AE we could put out a collection box !!

Josh -> RE: Updated WitE manual! (2/28/2011 3:27:59 PM)

"When WitE ALPHA/BETA started Rafael Junguito "rjh1971" was in charge of manual. It was monumental task to "catch" all the rules and information with new stuff coming in rapid order. In autumn of 2009 I took over and created basic TOC (that is still in use) and put all things that Rafael collected into appropriate "compartments". Since both Rafael and I are not native English speakers and were not professional manual writers (and Joel Billings was doing so many other things in addition to adding chapters to manual) Allan Berke "Bapek" took over and created the beautiful manual that we have right now. It was tremendously huge and demanding job and I think Al made one of the greatest manual in Matrix game collection. It was absolutely superb job!"

Unsung heroes in my book. [&o] 
An absolutely amazing job.
And thank you for the update. 

bwheatley -> RE: Updated WitE manual! (2/28/2011 3:44:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

Why am I doing this?

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.

[&o]

woot

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI