an idea for ground combat (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

Data -> an idea for ground combat (2/18/2011 2:43:10 PM)

There was a discussion in a recent thread (tired of 4x I think) about how a 4x game should lead us to the initial exploration
I'm playing xcom ufo defense a little these days and I just realized that in this game we are the independent colony from DW who gets attacked.

So the idea is this: why not allow a colony (minor race or not) that resists our invasion attempt to steal some tech from us. Traditional 4x gaming so far has it the other way around but why not make this also happen?

More so, attacking a race that does not have space travel capability and failing to conquer it could lead to that race getting the tech to expand and become an empire...it could lead to some interesting gameplay.

Wreck -> RE: an idea for ground combat (2/18/2011 3:14:03 PM)

It would also be nice if there were a "nice" way to prod independents into statehood.  I.e., if you build a starbase over them or something.  I always gun for indies ASAP because I want them, but I recently played a game where I was intentionally only using one system, and in that game I found myself annoyed that I had no way to prevent my opponents from taking the independents.

Data -> RE: an idea for ground combat (2/18/2011 3:22:48 PM)

maybe protectorate for them?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI