bigred -> RE: IJ production mistakes (10/12/2010 10:39:48 PM)
Comments here are good; some other notes:
1. SHIPS: Accelerate the CVs. I recommend turning off alot of sub production, especially the RO-Boats, but even the other boats. They consume too many Naval points, and won't win the war for you. Between the subs and YAMATO, you should accelerate TAIHO, and at least the first 3 UNRYUS.
Besides, you start the game with a fairly large Sub fleet.
2. VEHICLES: You need to double/triple Vehicle production; there is not near enough at start. Do this now.
3. ARMAMENTS: Don't expand. Monitor the stockpile, because you usually accumulate more than you need. Get to 100K and shut most of it off; that will help HI
You are running a big HI surplus, so you can afford to expand Engines (Ha-35 and Ha-32 are important), airframes, Vehicles, and Naval Shipyards. THAT'S what you should be doing with your HI surplus.
Thanks All for your comments.
1. In the beginning of my campaign w/ DirtyHarry I had set my Sho carriers to an excellerated pace. Too do this I had to stop both yam's and some other surface units. Then over a 4 month period I sank Lex, Sara, Hornet and damaged the BigE. So I changed my production strategy to bring in all the chrome and went back to regular builds on the CVs as I have an on board tactical advantage.
2. I did early bump the vehicles from 100 to 180, which is current production. So u think I need more? I guess the pool will be big when my resouces get cut off.
3. I shut off armaments at 30k. so u say I need 100k. Interesting. I suspect the reason to get to 100k is so the pool is made so armaments cannot be taken away by later allied bombing, correct?
4. Hi surplus. If I expand any production it will use supply at a rate of 100 points per each factory expansion point.
use of 10 manpower and 10 Hi also.
5.So if i wanted to increase vehicles by 100 production points then it would cost:
These cost are the same for any factory increase.
6. These same cost would also apply if say I wanted to increase my A6M2 by 100 planes per month or if i wanted to increase an engine factory by 100 per month, correct?
7. I understand that a factory can only be upgraded up to double the current capacity / a max of 100 points per upgrade. Rules state it takes 30 days to complete. I was watching tracker and saw as the Oscar upgrade occured my Oscar production started to increase(after I fixed the d--- minimum supply requirement of 10000 supply per base, which took me 2 game months to figure out). Little things like that 10000minimum per base are examples of newbie inexperience.