Siege Surrender (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815

Sorta -> Siege Surrender (9/7/2010 12:42:27 AM)

Hi all,

Do you know the mechanism for a siege surrender to happen, assuming the correct surrender settings were chosen? Is it meant to be automatic or is there a variable?

I've tried to create a surrender situation after a breach but always ends in a battle.

Regards, Angus

Sorta -> RE: Siege Surrender (9/11/2010 2:44:43 PM)

Hi all,

Is siege surrendering working on your games?

quote:

Hi all,

Do you know the mechanism for a siege surrender to happen, assuming the correct surrender settings were chosen? Is it meant to be automatic or is there a variable?

I've tried to create a surrender situation after a breach but always ends in a battle.

Regards, Angus

Dancing Bear -> RE: Siege Surrender (9/11/2010 6:49:52 PM)

I ran a quick test, and the surrender of an non-corps garrison seems to work just fine. However, it appears that corps in cities may always fight, no matter what orders you give them. This looks like a bug to me. Perhaps standing orders for corps inside cities are being ignored. Has anyone else seen this?

I have not tried to see what happens with file exchange siege battles for cases where there is more than one garrison type present amongst the defenders. I don't know if upon a breach, the defender receiving the game file from the attacker has the option anywhere to surrender.

Dragonis -> RE: Siege Surrender (9/11/2010 11:22:01 PM)

With 1.07.02 it doesn't work for anything I have tried. I tried all of the options you can pick.

Sorta -> RE: Siege Surrender (9/12/2010 1:14:10 AM)

Thanks D'Bear - just ran tests and had the same results as you: Garrison surrendered but Corps fought.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI