Download Problems (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers

shunwick -> Download Problems (8/12/2010 11:28:11 AM)

I am trying to download the new beta for TOAW III but after clicking on download I get an error page: "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage."

I don't seem to be able to download any patches for any of the games I have even the ones I have downloaded before.

I am using Vista and I have registered copies of everything I have tried to download.

Anyone have any ideas?

Best wishes,
Steve

Lützow -> RE: Download Problems (8/12/2010 1:06:13 PM)

First thing you should try is using FF instead of IE.

shunwick -> RE: Download Problems (8/13/2010 3:18:43 PM)

Ok. With IE I tried again today and got the same result. So I downloaded at installed Firefox but I still can't download any of the patches. The message I get from Firefox is the ftp2.matrix etc ect has timed out.

This is getting really annoying. Surely it shouldn't be this difficult to download a patch?

Best wishes,
Steve

Erik Rutins -> RE: Download Problems (8/13/2010 4:24:45 PM)

Hi Steve,

It's working here, sounds like an issue somewhere between us on the internet.

Regards,

- Erik

Josh -> RE: Download Problems (8/13/2010 8:10:45 PM)

Do you have problems downloading any other software/patches, from other sites I mean? Because if you don't experience problems elsewhere, it would point to a problem between your pc and Matrix.
And you could always check if you have anything unusual with your firewall/virusscanner, or maybe even your internet connection.
I had this strange problem with my internet sometime ago [:D] turned that I had used a wrong cable---->[8|]

shunwick -> RE: Download Problems (8/14/2010 9:48:25 AM)

OK. I have solved my immediate problem by jumping on a bus, travelling to Colchester, visiting the Internet Cafe and downloading the patch from there. (That's £4.90 bus fare
£2.50 internet time, £5.75 for pot of tea and bacon, cheese, and muhroom baguette).

I think the problem is between my ISP and the Matrix site. For three years I was unable to even to reach these forums. Now they have sorted out that problem but it appears that there is still some fundamental conflict with the download area.

Eric, seems like we have been here before!

Thanks guys for trying to help. I shall attempt to contact the isp and maybe we can sort it out. It may take another three years though.

Best wishes,
Steve

oldspec4 -> RE: Download Problems (8/15/2010 4:33:37 PM)

I also have been having the same problem w/ IE8. I can't display the product page correctly.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.953125E-02