RE: New Planet Textures - Open Thread (Warning - Image Heavy) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding

Bingeling -> RE: New Planet Textures - Open Thread (Warning - Image Heavy) (3/28/2011 10:11:57 PM)

It may well be. I will have a look next time. If I can handle the break before launching [:D]

Igard -> RE: New Planet Textures - Open Thread (Warning - Image Heavy) (3/28/2011 10:26:12 PM)

The instructions in the OP weren't very clear, so I've updated them.

Hope this solves it, let me know, Bing.

Bingeling -> RE: New Planet Textures - Open Thread (Warning - Image Heavy) (3/29/2011 2:39:42 PM)

It seems it was indeed the problem. Missing graphics files is not something DW is happy about.

Lrfss -> RE: New Planet Textures - Open Thread (Warning - Image Heavy) (4/14/2011 5:49:22 AM)

Any more of the high res planets forthcoming?

cookie monster -> RE: New Planet Textures - Open Thread (Warning - Image Heavy) (4/14/2011 5:59:48 AM)

Has anyone noticed some of the planets dont show up easily on the system info panel?

Its the dark ones which are the problem.

Great mod though.

J HG T -> RE: New Planet Textures - Open Thread (Warning - Image Heavy) (4/14/2011 6:48:24 AM)

Yep, the volcanic planets are quite dark. But, I actually like it, so I ain't complaining.

Igard -> RE: New Planet Textures - Open Thread (Warning - Image Heavy) (4/14/2011 2:45:54 PM)

Hi all. Just haven't really taken the time to work on this recently. It will get done sooner or later.

Cookie monster, is it just that the graphics are quite dark? I've never noticed anything wrong with them myself.

Lrfss -> RE: New Planet Textures - Open Thread (Warning - Image Heavy) (4/14/2011 7:58:03 PM)

I like this mod very much and thanks to all for the effort!

cookie monster -> RE: New Planet Textures - Open Thread (Warning - Image Heavy) (4/18/2011 3:50:07 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: cookie monster

Has anyone noticed some of the planets dont show up easily on the system info panel?

Its the dark ones which are the problem.

Great mod though.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Igard

Cookie monster, is it just that the graphics are quite dark? I've never noticed anything wrong with them myself.

I took a picture of one culprit while I was playing. I've included the picture. There is also one of the volcanic planets which is really dark. In the main map area it is barely visible. I will take a screenshot when I next see it.

Edit: And that's with my monitors brightness turned up to 100%. DW is too dark otherwise.

[image]local://upfiles/16737/30F431D1E0A6444496ED106D9250E029.jpg[/image]

Igard -> RE: New Planet Textures - Open Thread (Warning - Image Heavy) (4/18/2011 1:37:13 PM)

It looks fine to me, CM. I can see it clearly enough. The marshy swamp was supposed to dark and forboding, sort of like Dagobah. Also note that cloud overlays don't appear in the system info panel.

Could this be a problem with your monitor? Does anyone else think this is too dark?

Data -> RE: New Planet Textures - Open Thread (Warning - Image Heavy) (4/18/2011 2:20:35 PM)

I don't but I wasn't sure if a screenshoot shows this correctly, maybe a save game we can load will be more relevant. Especially since we'll be able to verify the "cloud overlays don't appear in the system info panel" also.

Igard -> RE: New Planet Textures - Open Thread (Warning - Image Heavy) (4/18/2011 8:43:42 PM)

It could also be my monitor is too bright!

Cloud overlays never appear in the system panel, it would be a bit messy with those little images. I think they do appear in the planet info panel though. Not that you can see clearly with the text written over it.

Data -> RE: New Planet Textures - Open Thread (Warning - Image Heavy) (4/18/2011 9:11:30 PM)

Yes, they do appear in the planet info panel and not on the system panel. Man, it sure does help to have an entire aar section full of pictures of everything [:)]

cookie monster -> RE: New Planet Textures - Open Thread (Warning - Image Heavy) (4/19/2011 6:27:28 AM)

I've now got a picture of the volcanic planet which is too dark and barely visible.

Now [:D] don't tell me it's not too dark... or I'll get really angry [:@]

and eat all yer' cookies!

Nom.Nom.Nom

[image]local://upfiles/16737/DD5B7D95969A4CE4BD1BF74D8EA8A52D.jpg[/image]

Data -> RE: New Planet Textures - Open Thread (Warning - Image Heavy) (4/19/2011 8:53:15 AM)

Yap, if there wasn't the pink circle around it you could not spot it. Do you have another monitor to try it there?

Igard -> RE: New Planet Textures - Open Thread (Warning - Image Heavy) (4/19/2011 2:39:06 PM)

Sorry Cookie Monster. I think it looks fine. At least on my monitor and setup.

It's a bit dark on the main view screen, but I think that adds atmosphere. It looks perfectly visible on the info panels to me.

I'll brighten this up anyway for the next update and I'll take a look at adding the volcanic overlays, which should help improve visibility also.[:)]

Enjoy your cookies. I don't know if Romulan cookies will agree with you though.[:D]

[image]local://upfiles/34469/47FA1D30BAD04E0C9C239C8E35B69A7C.jpg[/image]

Data -> RE: New Planet Textures - Open Thread (Warning - Image Heavy) (4/19/2011 2:54:12 PM)

If the difference is so big in the way this picture looks for each of us than the monitors are the cause.
I wonder if we'll be able to see anything anymore after trying that green stuff; maybe with ale it will go down smoother. [:)]

Igard -> RE: New Planet Textures - Open Thread (Warning - Image Heavy) (4/19/2011 9:57:26 PM)

Hands off my ale, Android!

Can anyone discern between these different shades of black? I can just barely see number 4. Look carefully.

[image]local://upfiles/34469/3C7C50EA03394312AB9FAE607D53312B.jpg[/image]

cookie monster -> RE: New Planet Textures - Open Thread (Warning - Image Heavy) (4/19/2011 11:18:03 PM)

Looks fine on my monitor!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Igard -> RE: New Planet Textures - Open Thread (Warning - Image Heavy) (4/20/2011 12:12:39 AM)

quote:

Looks fine on my monitor!!!!!!

OK. Does that mean you can clearly see all the boxes? Those cookies haven't affected you adversly have they?[:D]

I tried brightening the volcanic planet image you posted earlier, but it doesn't look right to me. I'll have to replace the image, but I'm hesitant to do that until I'm sure there's a problem with it.

Anyway, this project's on hold just now. I'll see what I can do to make it better in a future update.

cookie monster -> RE: New Planet Textures - Open Thread (Warning - Image Heavy) (4/20/2011 12:40:36 AM)

No I cant see anything in the boxes at all.

ehsumrell1 -> RE: New Planet Textures - Open Thread (Warning - Image Heavy) (4/20/2011 3:00:05 AM)

quote:

No I cant see anything in the boxes at all.

Must of been the cookies! [sm=00000280.gif]

MirabelleBenou -> RE: New Planet Textures - Open Thread (Warning - Image Heavy) (4/20/2011 9:42:57 AM)

For me too, I do not see anything at all in the boxes (only a big black box with some numbers :D ).

Data -> RE: New Planet Textures - Open Thread (Warning - Image Heavy) (4/20/2011 9:53:38 AM)

I see the specs of dust on my monitor [:)]

Igard -> RE: New Planet Textures - Open Thread (Warning - Image Heavy) (4/20/2011 11:50:13 AM)

Ok, this just shows how bright my screen is! I'll have to go through the darker planet images and either brighten them up or replace them.

Watch this space. I've not got any motivation to do this right now.[:(]

Data -> RE: New Planet Textures - Open Thread (Warning - Image Heavy) (4/20/2011 9:19:21 PM)

Now that it's night and I don't have ambient light I can see the squares in that image, starting from 4 up to 8; 3 is a figment of my imagination though. [:)]

Bleek -> RE: New Planet Textures - Open Thread (Warning - Image Heavy) (7/26/2012 1:48:53 PM)

Did the dark planets ever get fixed as I'd like to use these high rez images - really nice work. [8D]

Shark7 -> RE: New Planet Textures - Open Thread (Warning - Image Heavy) (7/26/2012 3:36:01 PM)

With me being slightly color blind, I can't tell at all...black is black, red is red, etc.

Igard -> RE: New Planet Textures - Open Thread (Warning - Image Heavy) (7/26/2012 4:32:01 PM)

Hi guys, I've abandoned the high res textures in favour of low res.[:(]

Sorry about that, but it does help game performance and is hardly noticeable.

I included the set with my Picard Era Total Conversion mod. It includes some by Kalthaniell and I think a few by Drillerman also.

It has the volcanic overlays included, so the darkened volcanic worlds are now visible.

I admit, I was going to be lazy and tell you to go and download the Picard Total conversion mod and extract the necessary files, but I think this thread is due a small update.

Here is the new low-res version. It has the fix for volcanic overlays, though they are not perfect and the mod is still incomplete.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/22038456/New+Planets+standard+res+-+260712.zip

Let me know if there are any problems.[:)]

Bleek -> RE: New Planet Textures - Open Thread (Warning - Image Heavy) (7/26/2012 4:59:25 PM)

Brilliant! Thanks for taking the time to update the thread. [:)]

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
4.101563E-02