1.0.5.8 load troops at random, not nearest (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support

taltamir -> 1.0.5.8 load troops at random, not nearest (7/14/2010 1:13:18 AM)

uploaded as taltamir 1.0.5.8 2010-07-13 Load troops at random, not nearest.7z

If I order a ship to "load troops at nearest planet" it doesn't load at the nearest planet. For example, the troop transport TT6 is right next to the planet Dranassian 2 which has lots of troops. Ordering it to load troops at nearest planet will result in it trying to load troops from a random planet. I tried (with the game paused) the following: 1. Stop command 2. load troops at nearest planet command 3. Repeat previous steps

in 5 tries it selected 3 different targets (one of which was, indeed, the nearest planet, dranassian 2)

Deldk -> RE: 1.0.5.8 load troops at random, not nearest (7/14/2010 8:40:15 AM)

I had had this happen to me also. But as the closest planet to my transport ship was my capital planet, i found it quite nice that the transports didn't deplete the planets troop reserve, but instead flew to other planets/systems and took only what was safe to take, as to not make planets easy targets.

taltamir -> RE: 1.0.5.8 load troops at random, not nearest (7/14/2010 9:04:53 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deldk

I had had this happen to me also. But as the closest planet to my transport ship was my capital planet, i found it quite nice that the transports didn't deplete the planets troop reserve, but instead flew to other planets/systems and took only what was safe to take, as to not make planets easy targets.

then rename it from "load troops from nearest planet" to "load troop from a nearby planet" or "load troop from a random planet".

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI