NewB Question Part IV: Change File Back (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Titans of Steel - Warring Suns

Wraith3k -> NewB Question Part IV: Change File Back (7/30/2002 8:25:03 PM)

Hey
lets say u change a file to "Word" format, but ow do u change it back? say, u change binit.dat to binit.txt then how do u change back to "dat" format?
Wraith

Bernd Hesberg -> (7/30/2002 9:37:15 PM)

Well, this file is only called 'binit.dat', but it's content is written in plain ASCII txt-format. So, if you didn't save it as a doc-file (which would contain additional information generated by MS Word), you can probably solve this by simply renaming the file.
For further editing I'd propose to use Notepad instead of Word, or any other text editor.

PrinceCorrin -> (7/30/2002 11:15:20 PM)

Also note that changing most tos files to word format doesn't really seem to affect the game in any way.

Bernd Hesberg -> (7/30/2002 11:54:18 PM)

[QUOTE]Also note that changing most tos files to word format doesn't really seem to affect the game in any way.[/QUOTE]
Corrin, would you tell me which file can be changed to another format without affecting the game. And please, don't point at the help files. ;)

Wraith3k -> (7/31/2002 12:47:30 AM)

I all ways have a back up. I copy & Paste the file some where eles and edit the paste file, if the file don't dork, i change the orgenial file back. :D

PrinceCorrin -> (8/1/2002 4:40:54 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bernd Hesberg
[B]
Corrin, would you tell me which file can be changed to another format without affecting the game.[/B][/QUOTE]

I could easily be mistaken, but I sem to remember accidentally changing all my .tos files and my binit.dat file to word format at one point, and still being able to play. I may be wrong.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.953125E-02