RE: Combat Reporter - report monitoring tool (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding

BillBrown -> RE: Combat Reporter - report monitoring tool (3/3/2019 1:16:16 AM)

That is interesting, I always thought they were interchangeable.

cjslax6_slith -> RE: Combat Reporter - report monitoring tool (6/4/2019 3:37:10 AM)

I've tried everything and can't stop throwing this error. What am I missing

quote:

C:\Users\C\Downloads\combatReporter_1.1\combatReporter>"C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_211\bin\java.exe" -splash:UV1024.jpg -Xmx2048m -jar combatreporter.jar
Exception in thread "Thread-3" java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1

Hanzberger -> RE: Combat Reporter - report monitoring tool (8/17/2019 1:07:32 PM)

Trying to setup CR, I've used in the past and it's great. My calendar option is not coming up when trying to install for the first time. I tried putting it in manually but that does not work. Is there a work around or did I miss something in the setup?

Ok I some how figured out how to get it to work. If someone is having "recent issues" try PM me. Mine was a calendar issue so I had to manually edit the settings. easy fix

Steven545 -> RE: Combat Reporter - report monitoring tool (9/15/2019 8:11:42 AM)

quick question, i have CR working with the stock map, but it will not load the map if I use chemkids modded map, is there anyway to get this to work I've putting the stock map in another folder but CR can't find it. thanks in advance

Trugrit -> RE: Combat Reporter - report monitoring tool (9/16/2019 10:24:51 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steven545

quick question, i have CR working with the stock map, but it will not load the map if I use chemkids modded map, is there anyway to get this to work I've putting the stock map in another folder but CR can't find it. thanks in advance

Well, you need the map where CR can find it.

My recommendation is that you back up your entire art folder if you have the disk space.
Then put the mod map in it. Then you will have an art folder with a standard map and an
art folder with the mod map.You can just swap out art folders.

Getting CR to work is tricky.

I just did a new install and it looks like the calendar does not work.
I had to set it up manually.

Note that Windows 10 did not like my spelling of "Admiral's"
It wanted a slash in it like below:

[image]local://upfiles/49386/C3C08CEA9FEE4729832345F24D7ECDAF.jpg[/image]

Steven545 -> RE: Combat Reporter - report monitoring tool (9/16/2019 12:07:47 PM)

Thanks for the reply.
I noticed the CR map is hexless so I left the hexless stock map in the art folder, and swapped the hex map art with chem kids hex map and voila it worked.chemkid map in game stock map in CR

george420 -> RE: Combat Reporter Beta (12/3/2019 10:54:34 AM)

Am new to the game, but this sounds really good, thanks.

HansBolter -> RE: Combat Reporter Beta (12/3/2019 12:03:32 PM)

Quick question.

Does this utility only work for saved games overwritten each turn in the same saved game slot as is the case for Tracker?

Tracker is completely useless to me as I save my games consecutively in each and every available saved game slot only overwriting a previous save after I have used up every one of the 189 available saved game slots.

BillBrown -> RE: Combat Reporter Beta (12/3/2019 12:46:00 PM)

This makes use of the text files that are generated when you run the next turn. You do need to add the -archive switch into your command line.

ETF -> RE: Combat Reporter Beta (12/21/2019 6:07:49 PM)

Is there any tricks to installing this? Can't seem to get it going :(

Adseria -> RE: Combat Reporter Beta (3/11/2020 2:09:12 AM)

This thing is really annoying me. It resolutely refuses to load the reports, even if I specifically tell it which save file to load. The worst bit is, it's loading old saves (from a couple of months ago) just fine, but the one I saved literally about 5 minutes ago is apparently too hard. Yes, I double-checked (and triple-checked) the settings; I have the right save location, the right install location, the right date and time, I picked the correct side, the settings are all correct. It's just refusing to load.

Looking in the command line, it seems to be throwing an error. I tried copying it out here, but the forum didn't like it for some reason, so I can't. Sorry.

PaxMondo -> RE: Combat Reporter Beta (3/12/2020 2:20:01 AM)

it is a bit finicky, be sure you have a clean java load. also, one bad text file will pooch it. what you are describing, I would point it at a new game start and see how it runs.

In my current game, I have had intervals where turns wouldn't load, but I could always trace it back to one text file that had something funny in it and was causing it to fail. deleting the file fixed it.

Adseria -> RE: Combat Reporter Beta (3/12/2020 10:33:42 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

it is a bit finicky, be sure you have a clean java load. also, one bad text file will pooch it. what you are describing, I would point it at a new game start and see how it runs.

In my current game, I have had intervals where turns wouldn't load, but I could always trace it back to one text file that had something funny in it and was causing it to fail. deleting the file fixed it.

This was a new game. I literally saved as soon as the turn resolution ended on 8th December.

Pretty sure my Java install is fine; Combat Reporter loads other saves fine, it just seems to be a problem with these newest saves.

What kind of text files are you referring to? Ones generated by the game, or by Combat Reporter? What should I be looking for?

David Clark -> RE: Combat Reporter Beta (3/18/2020 5:28:52 PM)

Hi Bret. Thanks for your hard work throughout the years.

I've downloaded and extracted version 1.1. Launching the .bat file briefly shows the splash screen, then gives me the following:

D:\Games\Combat Reporter\combatReporter>java -splash:UV1024.jpg -Xmx1024m -jar combatreporter.jar
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: groovy/lang/GroovyObject
at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:1016)
at java.base/java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:151)
at java.base/java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:515)
at java.base/java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:423)
at java.base/java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:417)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:689)
at java.base/java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:416)
at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:588)
at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:521)
at java.base/java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.base/java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:415)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.jarinjarloader.JarRsrcLoader.main(JarRsrcLoader.java:56)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: groovy.lang.GroovyObject
at java.base/java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:436)
at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:588)
at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:521)
... 13 more

I'm running 64-bit Windows 10, and java --version gives me:
openjdk 12.0.2 2019-07-16
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 12.0.2+10)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 12.0.2+10, mixed mode, sharing)

David Clark -> RE: Combat Reporter Beta (3/25/2020 4:22:13 AM)

A follow up - I installed the Java 8 jre, and specified that version to run combat reporter, and everything works great.

Thanks again for your program :)

NigelKentarus -> RE: Combat Reporter Beta (5/1/2020 1:49:33 PM)

Old age must be catching up to me. How do I change the base.csv file to show I use DBB with extended map? I must be brain dead this morning.

clamel -> RE: Combat Reporter Beta (12/14/2020 2:40:58 PM)

I'm totally lost. I got Java 1.8 on my Win 8.1 and placed this combatreporter inside the WiTP tools folder. Starting up the *.bat file gives
Error: Unable to access jarfile combatreporter.jar.
All this happens in a command window

Not sure if I got Java jre too, but stumbling in on Oracles site gives me hundreds of DL suggestions. It's like a needle in a haystack. Which one to DL, actually if any.
When opening the commandprmpt and running javar -version I get the notion I got correct versions.
Java Version 1.8.0_211
SE Runtime environment (build same 1.8)
64-bit server (build 25.211-b12, mixed mode)

That's Greek to me so appreciate any help on how to get this CombatReporter to work on my new game.
It sounds and looks like almost a must

Evoken -> RE: Combat Reporter Beta (12/14/2020 2:53:42 PM)

As far as i am aware combat reporter comes with the required Java in the zip file , just extract the whole folder to anywhere you want , setup the preferences part properly and it should work

clamel -> RE: Combat Reporter Beta (12/14/2020 3:29:24 PM)

Yes I see a java file in the zipfile but nothing on properties.
That file combatreport.properties was not in the zip I DL.

I tried to create such a file but same message, so I'm confident that might not be the issue here.

Page: <<   < prev  6 7 8 9 [10]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI