Chaaaaaaaaaarge!!!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> The War Room

Mutation2241 -> Chaaaaaaaaaarge!!!!! (11/21/2009 10:21:28 PM)

Question for vet players regarding charge in detailed combat-
Does it have serious side effects to charge an enemy routed brigade while in column formation (I mean Infantry vs Infantry)? Should I always try to charge him with my troops deployed in battleline? Always trying to do the latter, but deploying while in pursuit takes some time and enemy might escape too soon. Just dont want to charge with columns if its too costly well you get the point ;-)

SlickWilhelm -> RE: Chaaaaaaaaaarge!!!!! (11/27/2009 4:01:23 PM)

I haven't played using detailed combat yet, but that's next on my "to-do" list. So this is just a bump hoping that Hard Sarge or maybe Randomizer will see it and give us some good advice. 

moose1999 -> RE: Chaaaaaaaaaarge!!!!! (2/27/2010 10:25:47 AM)

If you're charging a routed brigade it's not that dangerous to use the column formation - and it can be quite effective as the column formation allows you to better keep up with fleeing units and perhaps hit them 2-3-4 times instead of just once.
Just make sure the brigade you're charging is really routed and not just disordered.
Otherwise your column charge could get really ugly...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI