Managing Reports (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

MarcA -> Managing Reports (10/18/2009 8:51:09 AM)

Hi all

I used to use WitP Utility to manage intel and op reports when I played WitP.

Is there a similar utility for AE? How does anyone else keep track of there intel and operations reports?

P.Hausser -> RE: Managing Reports (10/18/2009 8:58:42 AM)

Make 1 document for each base in the game,  then copy paste in the Intel line + date into the corresponding document
ie. Intel for Tokyo goes into the "Tokyo" document.

wdolson -> RE: Managing Reports (10/18/2009 2:18:47 PM)

I keep a text editor open with the ops report and combat report.  I switch to them after a turn has run and I scan them for relevant information.

Bill

tombo -> RE: Managing Reports (10/18/2009 2:52:37 PM)

....so are these reports deleted for AE?

1. Operational reports
2. Signal Intelligence

if so why?

these were helpful before.

thanks.

eMonticello -> RE: Managing Reports (10/18/2009 4:09:13 PM)

The reports are available in the Save folder, but they will be overwritten if you have multiple games running that cover the same day. Unless you manually move them, of course.

tombo -> RE: Managing Reports (10/18/2009 5:30:44 PM)

Thanks...that helps.

Is there any chance the Developers can add this back in to the menu bar?....would be very helpful and convenient.

eMonticello -> RE: Managing Reports (10/18/2009 6:38:52 PM)

The reports within the game haven't been touched, but you do need to turn them back on if you turned them off (the Combat Report, Operations Report, and SigInt Report are all toggled using "Combat Report" in the menu ... which is a little confusing. "Daily Combat Reports" or "Compiled Combat Reports" might be slightly better names). The reports that Bill uses are the daily text files generated by the game and used by a few WITP utilities.

The report names within the Save directory are listed below:

aoperationsreport_YYMMDD.txt
asigint_YYMMDD.txt
joperationsreport_YYMMDD.txt
jsigint_YYMMDD.txt
combatreport_YYMMDD.txt
Combat_Events_YYMMDD.txt

tombo -> RE: Managing Reports (10/18/2009 7:02:25 PM)

Thanks...my bad. It was turned off.[X(]

Still newbee at this...[&o]

rockmedic109 -> RE: Managing Reports (10/18/2009 9:59:39 PM)

It would be nice if the program would put the old reports in a seperate folder within the save folder.  Would make it easier to clean up the save folder. 

dwbradley -> RE: Managing Reports (10/18/2009 10:16:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rockmedic109

It would be nice if the program would put the old reports in a seperate folder within the save folder.  Would make it easier to clean up the save folder. 

This feature is part of the Launcher/Switcher utility (now available for beta eval.). You can find a link to it on the mod forum.

Dave Bradley

MarcA -> RE: Managing Reports (10/18/2009 11:47:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dwbradley

quote:

This feature is part of the Launcher/Switcher utility (now available for beta eval.). You can find a link to it on the mod forum.

Dave Bradley

Dave

What does your utility do?

Marc

dwbradley -> RE: Managing Reports (10/19/2009 2:40:22 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mantill

quote:

ORIGINAL: dwbradley

quote:

Dave Bradley

Dave

What does your utility do?

Marc

It started out as a means to effect map changes at the proper dates (such as the Ledo Road, and the Alaska Highway) and that remains its primary purpose. But along the way I couldn't resist adding some bells and whistles such as the report filing noted above. I have called it a launcher/switcher because the best way (or so I thought) to keep everything under control was to have a program to change the map as needed and then launch AE from there and then return to the Launcher when the turn was done. So the design lends itself to doing other things in between turns or during the launch of AE.

Dave

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
3.320313E-02