They won't print my manual (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

jjax -> They won't print my manual (8/20/2009 4:55:12 PM)

So I submitted the pdf of the manual to staples via their web site so they can print it. Later that night, I get a voice message telling me that they will not print the manual due to copyright laws.

Has anyone else experienced similar things. Maybe they are being over zealous?

I guess it does not matter anyways, I printed it myself, buts still....

jazman -> RE: They won't print my manual (8/20/2009 4:59:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jjax

So I submitted the pdf of the manual to staples via their web site so they can print it. Later that night, I get a voice message telling me that they will not print the manual due to copyright laws.

In the back of the manual there's a statement that allows reproduction if you own the game. Look at page 330. Yes, there's the copyright statement, but it says, "The original purchaser may print or have a print/copy shop make a printout and/or copy of the manual."

Just point this out to them.

NormS3 -> RE: They won't print my manual (8/20/2009 5:17:52 PM)

I had the same issue with them several years ago. Just pointed out that the author gave permission to copy. Just show them page 330.

uncc -> RE: They won't print my manual (8/20/2009 7:05:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jazman

quote:

In the back of the manual there's a statement that allows reproduction if you own the game. Look at page 330. Yes, there's the copyright statement, but it says, "The original purchaser may print or have a print/copy shop make a printout and/or copy of the manual."

I also submitted mine through their website. In the special instructions area, I copied the statement "The original purchaser may print or have a print/copy shop make a printout and/or copy of the manual." and told them to read pg 330 if they had any qestions. They printed it no problem....

bradfordkay -> RE: They won't print my manual (8/21/2009 2:41:31 AM)

What are they charging for this? 

Mynok -> RE: They won't print my manual (8/21/2009 3:16:41 AM)

I'm not going to print it until a couple patches are out in case of changes.

afspret -> RE: They won't print my manual (8/21/2009 5:25:32 AM)

I took mine to Copy Max and had no problems.  As for cost, I paid $28 and some change, but it was in B&W, I think it was something like $40-$45 for color.  Then of course I got a little peeved when I found out the manual was being shipped with the game, which resulted in a little of this [sm=Christo_pull_hair.gif]!

bradfordkay -> RE: They won't print my manual (8/21/2009 8:08:43 AM)

I have the physical copy with the printed manual, but for these old eyes it is a bit of a strain to read. I was thinking that a 8 1/2 x 11 copy might be nice.

Question: will the manual be updated as the game is patched?

If so, I could see waiting a patch or two before getting it printed.

Hanzberger -> RE: They won't print my manual (8/21/2009 11:37:24 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

I have the physical copy with the printed manual, but for these old eyes it is a bit of a strain to read. I was thinking that a 8 1/2 x 11 copy might be nice.

Question: will the manual be updated as the game is patched?

If so, I could see waiting a patch or two before getting it printed.

I ordered my game first morning available and still haven't recieved it. I was hoping to have read the manuel by now. So any how, I just printed it out myself and the full page copy is easy to read. You can also keep out sections you want to refer back to. [;)]

dr. smith -> RE: They won't print my manual (8/21/2009 1:24:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hanzberger

I ordered my game first morning available and still haven't recieved it. . . .

What do you expect for delivery times living in a place with Amish mailmen??

"Try our special Over Month Delivery!!"

[:D]

uncc -> RE: They won't print my manual (8/21/2009 1:29:46 PM)

quote:

I had mine printed at Staples. Cost me $20 for 8.5x11, double-sided, B&W, clear plastic front cover, black plastic back cover, wire coil binding. They did a great job.

jjax -> RE: They won't print my manual (8/21/2009 8:04:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: uncc

quote:

ORIGINAL: jazman

quote:

I also submitted mine through their website. In the special instructions area, I copied the statement "The original purchaser may print or have a print/copy shop make a printout and/or copy of the manual." and told them to read pg 330 if they had any qestions. They printed it no problem....

Funny thing is that i was wondering if I should put anything in that box. Oh well, live and learn [8|].

jjax -> RE: They won't print my manual (8/21/2009 8:06:03 PM)

quote:

Would of cost me about 30 cdn for them to print it. I have heard that you can get it done for around 20 at Staples in the good old USA.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.685547E-02