Newbie help need. Reaktion Range (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Templer_12 -> Newbie help need. Reaktion Range (8/7/2009 5:25:13 PM)

Newbie question

In the TF Display-What is the Max. React. selection for/doing?

I read the Chapter in the manual:

6.2.4 PATROL/RETREAT AND MAX REACT RANGE
The Patrol/Retreat Status determines what the Task Force will do when it gets to its Destination
Hex (DH) and how likely the TF will abort its Mission in the face of enemy attacks. If it is set to
Patrol/Do Not Retire, the TF will try to press on to complete its Mission, regardless of enemy
attacks. It will remain at the DH while performing its Mission, then return when it is low on
endurance or seriously damaged. Task Forces set to Retirement Allowed will move to their
DH, perform their Mission, and immediately return home. If they are forcefully attacked, they
will likely abort their Mission and return to their base. Non-patrolling Task Forces with certain
Missions (such as Bombardment) will plan to arrive at their destination at night, moving into
and away from the destination at full speed for 12 hours each way.

so ah[&:]

sven6345789 -> RE: Newbie help need. Reaktion Range (8/7/2009 5:37:01 PM)

if i recall correctly:
for air combat TF it is the amount of hexes the TF reacts towards another enemy Air combat TF
for surface combat TF it is the reaction range for surface combat in another hex.
lets say you have a surface combat TF in Manila, and a base to hexes away gets attacked by sea (or a surface combat TF appears); if you set reaction TF on 2, there is a chance your TF will move there if it has enough speed and Ops-points.

Templer_12 -> RE: Newbie help need. Reaktion Range (8/7/2009 5:45:13 PM)

I though something like that.

But what about submarines?
I think I read somewere (itīs a lot to read) Subs only attack if the enemy is in the same hex with the sub.
Then the max. react. is useless?

medicff -> RE: Newbie help need. Reaktion Range (8/7/2009 6:16:33 PM)

If you put subs in a patrol zone they will react x number of hexes to a spotted ship. Your other units including air patrols may spot these ships for your subs.

Pat

Templer_12 -> RE: Newbie help need. Reaktion Range (8/7/2009 6:29:40 PM)

If I put them - that means they must be under human control.
But do subs reakt by self if they obey human orders?

EUBanana -> RE: Newbie help need. Reaktion Range (8/7/2009 7:31:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Templer

If i put them - that means they must be under human control.
But do subs reakt by self if they obey human orders?

Yup, they will. They will return to the patrol area you give them when they are done reacting.

Templer_12 -> RE: Newbie help need. Reaktion Range (8/7/2009 7:56:34 PM)

Thx for your support.
One more (stupid?) question.
What "react" actually means? How do they react?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.929688E-02