CC4 or CC5? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Qwixt -> CC4 or CC5? (5/15/2009 4:45:23 AM)

Sorry if this has been rehashed a few times, but I could not find any discussion on it. I finally decided that I am going to buy one of these, and I cannot figure out which one to get. I only owned the original CC1, 2, and 3. I do not like playing as Axis, and I prefer longer campaigns. From what I have read, CC4 might be a bit buggier, but it has the longer campaign. I am quite undecided as to which one to get. If anyone could help me decide, I would much appreciate it. Thanks! [:)]

Doggie -> RE: CC4 or CC5? (5/15/2009 4:56:37 AM)

The Axis AI in CC-4 cannot deal with the bridges. Computer controlled tanks will drive to the river bank and twirl around, if they move at all.

So if you do not like to play as the Axis, you will just sit around waiting on the other side of the river for panzers that will never find the bridge.

Close Combat is a game designed to be played against a human opponent. Any compentent CC player can take every map every time from the computer. It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

Jeffrey H. -> RE: CC4 or CC5? (5/15/2009 5:08:22 AM)

There was a patch for CC4 that improved the tank AI a bit.

JudgeDredd -> RE: CC4 or CC5? (5/15/2009 6:47:01 AM)

CC5 might look like a short campaign because it lasts 4 days, but there are alot of battles in those 4 days...so your campaign is going to be long...just not in the "number of days" sense.

Southernland -> RE: CC4 or CC5? (5/15/2009 7:49:56 AM)

cc 4 War is more tank heavy...

Qwixt -> RE: CC4 or CC5? (5/15/2009 7:56:20 AM)

Thanks for the feedback. I was leaning towards CC5 due to the AI feedback that I have been reading.

JudgeDredd -> RE: CC4 or CC5? (5/15/2009 9:25:15 AM)

CC5 is great and I am enjoying it immensely.

Erik Rutins -> RE: CC4 or CC5? (5/15/2009 12:29:59 PM)

Qwixt, are you talking about the re-makes (i.e. Wacht am Rhein, The Longest Day) or the originals?

Qwixt -> RE: CC4 or CC5? (5/15/2009 6:08:08 PM)

Remakes from Matrix. I guess I should have specified TLD or WaR. [:)]

Erik Rutins -> RE: CC4 or CC5? (5/15/2009 6:33:31 PM)

Ok, I'm not sure if everyone realized that, probably I was the only one who was confused though. :-)

Anyway, my recommendation is to with the newest one and if you like it, work your way backwards. The Longest Day is IMHO much better than CCV was and many of the engine improvements are also in WAR. If you like the Eastern Front, COI is the best CC for that theater. Modern Tactics is also interesting for modern warfare buffs, though keep in mind it doesn't have a typical CC campaign, but it does have robust multiplayer support.

Regards,

- Erik

Misty99 -> RE: CC4 or CC5? (5/15/2009 7:20:59 PM)

I own COI and TLD. I think, TLD is much better.

D.Ilse -> RE: CC4 or CC5? (5/16/2009 1:46:19 AM)

CC5 solo has been a task so far, still working up before I go H2H on TLD.

Prince of Eckmühl -> RE: CC4 or CC5? (5/23/2009 2:49:47 AM)

GaryChildress -> RE: CC4 or CC5? (5/25/2009 10:35:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Doggie

The Axis AI in CC-4 cannot deal with the bridges. Computer controlled tanks will drive to the river bank and twirl around, if they move at all.

So if you do not like to play as the Axis, you will just sit around waiting on the other side of the river for panzers that will never find the bridge.

Close Combat is a game designed to be played against a human opponent. Any compentent CC player can take every map every time from the computer. It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

Doggie, are you talking about the Matrix version of CC4 (Wacht am Rhein) or the original Atomic Games CC4? [&:]

I haven't bought Wacht am Rhein yet as I'm still on a super tight budget. [:(] Hopefully I will be able to get it soon. When I do I'll probably be doing most of my playing versus the AI so I'm wondering how good the AI is in Wacht am Rhein and how good the AI is in The Longest Day as well.

Peter Fisla -> RE: CC4 or CC5? (5/25/2009 11:48:44 PM)

I like them both :)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.148438E-02