War Plan Pacific anyone? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

JudgeDredd -> War Plan Pacific anyone? (5/13/2009 8:29:09 AM)

Now this has been out for a while, it's always been a game I liked the look of but with concerns of longevity I never purchased it.

So if anyone bought it way back (I know Eddy did) and still has it/plays it/enjoys it or whether you've shelved it I'd like your thoughts.

Thx

sterckxe -> RE: War PLan PAcific anyone? (5/13/2009 9:22:31 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

Now this has been out for a while, it's always been a game I liked the look of but with concerns of longevity I never purchased it.

So if anyone bought it way back (I know Eddy did) and still has it/plays it/enjoys it or whether you've shelved it I'd like your thoughts.

Best little game I bought in the last 2 years - it recently got an update which added PBEM to the feature list, which was all it needed to be perfect in my book.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Grell -> RE: War Plan Pacific anyone? (5/13/2009 12:25:19 PM)

Hi JD,

If you are referring to War Plan Orange, that's a very good game.

Regards,

Grell

vonRocko -> RE: War Plan Pacific anyone? (5/13/2009 2:06:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

it's always been a game I liked the look of but with concerns of longevity I never purchased it.

Hi JUdgeDredd,
I got it a couple months ago.The game looks nice and runs problem free,but longevity is not there. I played the Japanese one evening and the allies the next. It only takes 2 or 3 hrs to play a campaign. But that was it! It was fun once,but unless I play another human I won't bother with it,too easy.No depth. IMHO.

p.s. I am referring to War Plan Pacific, not War Plan Orange

cdbeck -> RE: War Plan Pacific anyone? (5/13/2009 8:00:43 PM)

I almost bought WPP myself, but I couldn't justify the cost (even with the sale) for what seemed to be low replayability. It's funny, and this always happens, my big-30 came and I got some requisition to get some games - but the day (May 8) feel in between major release cycles (stuff came out in Februrary and stuff is coming out in June/July). So I basically sit and stew, wondering what can tide me over! WPP was a thought, but the price is too high, especially when WiF, BftB, HoI3, and East India Trade Company are looming on the horizon.

Not that I need anything... my backlog is just silly. Still, I'm tempted by Geneforge 5...

Side note: War Plan Orange has always interested me, but I was never a fan of UV and I doubt I have the patience to handle something from the WitP family.

SoM

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI