Support orders bugged (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Tech Support

IronWarrior -> Support orders bugged (3/31/2009 11:47:45 AM)

Just wanted to bring to attention that support orders don't seem to be working. I had a fleet in port that I selected and hovered the mouse over the adjacent sea zone and clicked the 's' key, but it ended up moving into the zone alone and before the other fleet arrived, resulting in two seperate battles.

Can provide saves if needed. This happened in a pbem game, I haven't tested it in single player.

ericbabe -> RE: Support orders bugged (4/1/2009 11:07:21 PM)

Oh, I didn't know you can give support orders to fleets.  I'm not sure that behavior is defined.

IronWarrior -> RE: Support orders bugged (4/1/2009 11:39:51 PM)

Hey Eric,

Maybe I'm having a really hard time comprehending the manual, but this is what it says on p. 59 under support movement:

quote:

3.1.3 Support Movement
Selecting a unit or stack, moving the cursor over a province (or sea zone if a naval unit) and pressing the s key issues a support order to that unit. A support order orders the unit into a province only if a battle involving its nation or an ally is fought there, and the unit is in an adjacent province when the battle happens. Support orders are represented by dashed arrows. Issuing a support order ends the move order for the selected unit.

I would note that when I tried to give a support order to an army, the same thing happened (the stack moved into the province and there was no dashed arrow). But I had cancelled the order for the land unit in the game so can't confirm 100%. I believe it's the same though.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI